- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 22 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 23 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- Cash Forecasting
- Verification of Fund Valuations
- Performance calculation, preliminary review and query resolution
- Investigating and resolving queries from Clients and Portfolio Managers
Key external interactions will be with Custodians, Fund Administrators, Counterparts and other Third Party providers. Internally, you will interact with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Compliance, Legal and Risk, as well as other operations teams such as Client Administration, New Business and the Reconciliations team.Portfolio Analysts are expected to consider how current processes and procedures within the team can be enhanced, looking to strengthen controls and minimise risk. You will need to build up a strong knowledge of the accounts and products that we support, and be able to confidently answer any queries on them.Education and Experience
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, hedge fund, prime broker or fund administrator.
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Professional industry qualifications an advantage.
- Product Experience Desirable: Developed and Emerging Market Government Bonds, Convertibles and Corporates, FX spot and forwards, Exchange Traded Futures and Options, Repurchase Agreement. ETFs.
- Experience of Performance Measurement and Attribution an advantage.
Skills & Attributes
- You will have strong analytical skills and a positive organised approach to investigating queries and exceptions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment.
- You will be able to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- You understand investment markets and the settlement of securities. Understanding of product and fund valuation useful.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel. Exposure to Barclays POINT and Bloomberg is an advantage.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
State Street Bank is locally owned and operated and has been serving Quincy, IL since 1890; priding itself on strong customer service and a conservative banking philosophy. State Street Bank provides a broad range of consumer and corporate banking services to customers through four financial centers in Quincy and Payson. More information is&n
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 1890