You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Birmingham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
The role is for a Graduate Transport Modeller but the specific tasks are likely to be influenced and adapted to suit the selected candidate(s).
The general tasks will be centred around supporting the senior team on large projects that require significant input on the following:
- Micro-simulation modelling using VISSIM and Paramics software packages. You will be provided with training from our experienced team, which will be unmatched anywhere else. The aim will be to bring the successful candidate up to a standard well above the industry’s average in a very short space of time. This has been tried and tested and we pride ourselves on the training opportunity we provide.
- Data manipulation and presentation of model inputs and outputs using complex spreadsheets. Adding value to the presentations and processes as your understanding of the objectives becomes clear.
- Using GIS software to present model outputs in an interesting and highly professional looking format. The candidate(s) will be given the freedom to explore and develop new and innovative ways of delivering the required outputs.
- Produce reports and technical notes to a high standard ensuring the appropriate message is conveyed and in a manner tailored to the specific client and the project objectives.
- Dealing with clients and attending meetings with senior staff to agree methodologies, discuss project specific issues and present results.
What we are looking for
- A strong work ethic and a determination to achieve their goals
- Enjoys problem solving, good capacity to work under pressure and a keen & quick learner
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical, numerate, with an eye for detail
- Keen interest in entering the world of transport modelling
- Confident, hardworking and ambitious
- Any experience with transport modelling software would be very beneficial but is not a prerequisite
- A basic understanding of VBA programming (beneficial)
- Experience with GIS software (beneficial)
We are looking for candidate(s) who are graduating in the 2017/18 academic year for an autumn/early winter 2018 start date. Please state on your covering letter your likely availability for a start date.
Relevant degree subjects
This role benefits from skills that are not necessarily linked to a specific university course. Experience with spreadsheets, data analysis and problem solving are key. However, from experience, and based on our current graduate intake, we are acutely aware that graduates from any of the following disciplines would tick these boxes.
- business and management studies
- geology and geographical science
- accounting and finance
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- planning and surveying
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Please email CV and covering letter via the button below.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Vectos is a transport planning, infrastructure design and flood risk and drainage consultancy specialising in assisting the property development industry to maximise the commercial value of land/assets through the planning process. We have an enviable reputation for master planning and securing planning consents and DCOs for complex and chall
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2011