- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 02 Jun, 2019
- Posted on 16 Sep, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jun, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
Industrial Placement 2019 - Commercial Management - London
12 month Industrial Placement based in London, beginning in June 2019.
Knowing that ‘one size doesn’t fit all’ for construction management, our contracting service can be procured under two-stage, fixed price, traditional or management forms of contract. We have experienced every form of contract and can confidently offer the same quality of service whatever the choice of procurement route: from early involvement through a two-stage route, to getting involved once the design, costs and programme have been fixed under a traditional single-stage contract, or to the early buildability and programming input of a management contracting approach.
We understand that each project is different; simply put, the procurement method needs to be innovative, efficient and flexible enough to deliver the best outcome for the client. Our response is a tailored model for each client that drives best long-term value and ensures continuous improvement.
The role of the commercial manager in a contracting capacity covers all financial aspects of a project, from bidding for work through to the close out of final accounts when the project is completed. This involves procurement of works to maximise the profit margin, and the subsequent management of costs through the design and construction phase in order to ensure that margins are realised.
As an Industrial Placement your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with monthly client applications
- Raising Interim Payment Certificates (IPC) for packages
- Administering Interim Statement of Accounts (ISA)
- Updating cash flows
- Cost management of allocated construction packages
- Supporting the drafting of subcontracts and agreeing variations costs
- Assisting in procurement
- Carrying out variations
- Cost reporting
Professional Qualification Routes
Industrial placements working in commercial management will be given guidance in starting to work towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), depending on your degree.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected), ideally in a Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management Degree.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mace Group
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and a deep-rooted entrepreneurial spirit. Together we strive to build more efficiently, more sustainably, more intelligently and more economically – to create cities and communities that don’t just function, but ins
- Consulting & Accounting, Property & Construction, Telecommunications
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1989
Moorgate Hall, 155 Moorgate, London, UK