You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Inverness, UK
- Posted on 08 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 22,000.0 per year
Integrated POS Systems are a technology solutions company based in the Highland capital of Inverness. We currently have an opportunity for a 12-month Personal Home Page (PHP) Web Graduate Developer to develop our own electronic point of sale software.
Integrated IPOS Systems are keen to develop their own electronic point of system software to meet customers requirements and this opportunity would aim to deliver this requirement.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Andrew Sinclair on Tel 01463 898001.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Production of a technical requirement definition document;
- User Interface (UI) development; the creation of a front-end design and wireframe;
- PHP core development for create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) work;
- Creation of structured query language (SQL) tables and add, edit, delete UI work;
- Creation of the live environment – Amazon Web Services Environment for production testing;
- Undertaking testing production;
- Creation of application programming interface (API) for input/output of sales data;
- Channel manager creation;
- User acceptance testing (UAT) then launch;
- User manual and online video tutorial creation.
Minimum degree, preferably related to computer science. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- PHP, Laravel experience
- MySQL Relational Database experience
- Amazon Web Service knowledge
- jQuery Tables experience
- Team player, proactive and able to work on own initiative
- The ability to deliver creative solutions
- The commitment to complete the 12-month placement
- XCode knowledge
- Mobile Responsive content experience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their IT skills, problem solving and fault resolution techniques as well as their customer service skills.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Preferred start date: 03/12/2018
Integrated POS Systems was established in May 2016. We provide technical advice, installation and guidance on electronic point of sale systems, accounting packages, websites, stock control systems, as well as a whole host of business IT. We operate throughout the UK, from Shetland to Brighton, using our own in-house sales, service and support staff from our base in Inverness.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
ScotGrad offers paid, project-based student placements and graduate fixed term contracts in dynamic small and medium sized organisations across Scotland.
Operated by Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services, we support Scottish businesses and social enterprises to f
- Recruitment & HR
- Glasgow, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010