You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Reading, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Joining as a placement student you won’t stop learning. You’ll be collaborating on real projects, contributing to the firm with the opportunity to open doors for your future. You’ll be one of the team, your ideas will be heard and your work will be valued. You’ll receive training and support to ensure you advance. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
Being part of our corporate audit team you will need an analytical mind as you work to provide audit and accounting services to a broad range of clients including financial services, technology companies and sports clubs. You'll also be able to attend regular internal learning and development courses, as well as social and charity events that take place throughout the year.
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Develop a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and perform basic tests from within PROaudit
- Develop elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- Completing Statutory sections
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Capital and reserves sections
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Bank and cash testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the audit Senior
- Assist in the preparation of legible and comprehensive working papers
- Be prepared to travel to client sites as required
- Demonstrate commitment to working as a team to achieve deadlines
- Currently at University studying towards Accounting and Finance (or other relevant degree), and on track to achieve a 2:1 or above
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (or equivalent), achieved within the same academic year
- Able to work to deadlines
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Moore Stephens
Helping our clients thrive in a changing world.
We provide our clients with support and guidance to deal with new risks and opportunities. As a Top 10 accounting and advisory network we support a broad range of individuals and entrepreneurs, large organisations and complex international businesses.
- Consulting & Accounting
- in Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1907