You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 228.0 per week
Finished your degree and looking for that first step? Overwhelmed with the amounts of opportunities and want to make sure you make the right decision?
Speak to someone at Savvy about joining our clients as a graduate planner & buyer, we make sure you’re placed in the right environment and that all training is given.
We are looking for a recent graduate with bundles of enthusiasm to join an independent media advertising agency. No experience necessary, however ambition and the desire to succeed in business is essential.
This exciting graduate role offers comprehensive training, rapid career advancement and an enjoyable working environment.
The role involves identifying which media platforms would best advertise for clients, whether that’s brand or product.
You will enable clients to maximise the impact of their advertising campaigns through the use of digital and traditional media.
You will combine creative thinking with factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns reach their target audiences as effectively as possible.
Typical duties of media planners & buyers include:
- Working with the client and the account team to understand the client's business objectives and advertising strategy;
- Making decisions on the best form of media for specific clients and campaigns;
- Undertaking research and analysing data using specialist industry resources;
- Identifying target audiences and analysing their characteristics, behaviour and media habits;
- Presenting proposals, including cost schedules, to clients.
- Recommending the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations;
- Working with colleagues, other departments and media buyers in-house;
- Making and maintaining good contacts with media owners, such as newspapers, magazines and websites;
- Managing client relationships to build respect and trust in your judgement;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns in order to inform future campaigns.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- A degree with a minimum of 2:1 + strong a level and gcse results (A-B in Maths)
- Good 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues and clients;
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner;
- Outgoing personality
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner;
- Quick thinker who can adapt to different scenarios / situations;
- A willingness to continue to learn;
- Passionate individual who is looking at media as a career;
- Highly numerate with a strong attention to detail;
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.