- Huntingdon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 10 Jul, 2019
- Posted on 11 May, 2019
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIATM is The Human Data Science CompanyTM, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Software Tester – Brighton, UK
OMOP Factory, Real-World & Analytics Solutions (RWAS) Technology
The OMOP Factory is a new team within IQVIA’s RWAS Technology global business unit. Our goal is to ensure any patient dataset can be accurately, reliably and reproducibly converted to a standard format (OMOP) to enable researchers and pharmaceutical companies to run observational studies, and thus find out what works and what doesn’t in healthcare.
As a Software Tester in such a new team, you will play an important role in spear-heading software quality and testing methods. You will be part of agile scrum teams, working with developers and product management, ensuring minimal defects in released software.
As part of the wider RWAS Technology team, you will also have the opportunity to participate in regular innovation weeks, where you can show case your skills and interact with likeminded individuals in the pursuit of innovative software solutions to real-world problems.
What to expect
In this role, you will:
- Test software throughout the development cycle, including test planning, bug management, progress reporting
- Participate in Agile practices such as daily stands-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Work to fortnightly sprints and take part in bi-weekly demos
- Work alongside other team members such as Software Engineers and Product Owners to produce high-quality software
- Support / act as scrum master, as needed
- Support resolution of production issues
Our ideal candidate will be / have
- Experience in commercial software testing, both with manual and automated methods
- Sharp focus on product quality and meeting the objectives of a software release
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, yet also able to see ‘the bigger picture’
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm to contribute new ideas
- Passion for improving software testing practices and methodologies
- Strong communication skills
Bonus points for
- Experience of big-data product testing
- Experience implementing browser-driven UI automation, eg, Selenium
- Experience implementing API testing and automation, eg, Postman
- Working knowledge of big-data technologies, eg, Apache Spark, Scala
- Experience with dev & project management tools, eg, GitHub, Jira
- Knowledge of continuous integration and DevOps practices
- Experience in life sciences / healthcare sector
- University degree in a relevant subject
Location and travel
- Role based in IQVIA’s Brighton office
- No / minimal travel expected to other IQVIA offices (London, East Coast US)
The RWAS Technology & Data Science mission is to deliver world-class and globally scalable technology platforms and analytics applied to complex and large-scale clinical datasets, to support IQVIA's ongoing and rapid growth in real-world analytics solutions, as well as the development of new product lines. This requires global leadership across technical and data architecture, software development and data visualization, privacy management, analytical methods, data science, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing (NLP) - building upon 100s of novel technologies and methods either published in peer-reviewed journals or patented by our team.
The solutions are delivered to a variety of clients across life-science, government, payor or provider organizations. The RWAS team also curates the largest collection of de-identified real-world data in the world, from different patient care settings in 18 countries worldwide – the RWAS Tech team is at the forefront of "Big Data" in healthcare.
The OMOP Factory will be an enabler for reliable healthcare analytics in our industry, at a global level. Beyond the commercial value of its products and solutions, the team is also motivated by the desire to do good for humanity by improving healthcare and enabling answers that support patient well-being and safety.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWAS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIATMJob ID: R1075784
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.
Quintiles and IMS Health have come together to become IQVIA, The Human Data Science Company™
Inspired by the industry we help, IQVIA commits to providing solutions that enable life sciences companies to innovate with confidence, maximize their opportunities and ultimately drive human health outcomes forward.
We provide actio
- Technology & IT, Health & Social Care, Science & Research
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2016