- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 40,000.0 per year
DescriptionOperations at Tessian
We're looking for an Office Manager to join our growing team at Tessian in 2019. You’ll be responsible for the upkeep of our office whilst having broad interaction with internal stakeholders which requires a capable individual, ready and willing to wear many hats.
You’ll be smart, energetic and efficient; always getting stuck in to ensure the office runs smoothly. You will also be confident in your own ability and can work with, and for, people at all levels. If you're ultra-organised, able to solve problems before they become problems and great at getting stuff done this could be a brilliant, challenging and rewarding position.
In this role, attitude, competencies, organisation and people-skills are our most important considerations. You could be a recent school leaver, a graduate wanting to keep career options open, or an experienced office coordinator. This is a fantastic opportunity for a meticulous and energetic candidate willing to take on a hands-on role, and we're really excited to add this role the team!
Some things you could get involved in
- Being the first point of contact for all external visitors
- Managing our external building partnerships including our cleaners, facilities suppliers, fit-out contractors and liaising with our landlords
- Sourcing new suppliers and vendors
- Helping to organize company events and socials
- Running office moves, including office scouting and fit-out planning
- Being our internal voice and main point of contact for all internal communications and events
- Organising and taking charge of supplies and deliveries to the office
- Supporting employees with ad-hoc tasks such as bookings, and helping out in an EA capacity for the Executive Team
- Improving office operations
- Coordinating on-boarding and arranging training for new starters
- Using your creative edge to ensure our office is the best possible environment for all our staff
We'd love to meet someone who
- Has brilliant organisation skills
- Ideally has some office administrative experience
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Has great empathy and understanding of people
- Is positive, team oriented, a self-starter and a self-teacher
- Is a fantastic problem-solver
Why we think you'll love it here
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- You'll learn all the ins and outs of what it takes to run a high-functioning office
- We offer a base salary of between £25,000-£40,000 (depending on experience) with annual benefit and salary reviews
- Equity options are offered with every role
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions are made towards your pension
- You’ll get a brand new Macbook to work on
- We have a communal company lunch twice a month, and regular team socials and activities
- There are plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, and cereals, and amazing coffee
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eyecare vouchers and childcare vouchers
- Weekly yoga or mindfulness sessions in the office
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance including flights, accommodation in an AirBnB for a week, and salary payments to an international bank.
- Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move
Tessian is a machine intelligent email security platform to automatically prevent cybersecurity threats like spear phishing, misaddressed emails, unauthorized emails (data loss) and non-compliance.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We’ve just announced our raise of £9m ($13m) in a Series A round led by Balderton Capital and Accel Partners. Last year our business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 50 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We’re excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us - we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We’re backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we’ve been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Tessian is a machine intelligent email security platform to automatically prevent security threats like misaddressed emails, data loss and non-compliance. Tessian uses machine learning to understand normal email communication patterns in order to automatically identify email security threats in real time, without the need for end user behavio
- Technology & IT
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2013