You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Ilford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 29 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Are you a Graduate looking to take your first step in your career within Education? Are you keen to secure a role as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at a school that will then be able to support you through your Teacher Training?
If so, we have fantastic opportunities for enthusiastic Graduate Teaching Assistants to work in a great modern Secondary School in West London starting in September 2018.
This popular, oversubscribed Secondary School, located in the borough of Westminster, are looking to recruit a number of talented and ambitious Graduate Teaching Assistants to start in September 2018. They look for staff with high aspirations who share the same desire to achieve and succeed. The school has a great reputation for inspiring students to achieve academically and to make university accessible regardless of the pupils starting points.
The school invests in knowing their pupils and their families extremely well and the TA team are vital to this. Staff are well supported by an outstanding Senior Leadership Team and they pride themselves on developing outstanding teachers and support staff to ensure the best possible academic and pastoral support for each and every student
The school is Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ and they stated in their most recent inspection that “Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are welcoming, courteous and polite to each other and staff” and “The schools work in training its own staff and its involvement in the training provided...is excellent”.
The school is offering a one year programme to prepare graduates in the fields of Science or Geography to become brilliant teachers. It acts as a springboard and training ground for graduates who want to learn how to teach and build transformational relationships with pupils. The school are also able to offer a very clear pathway of progression into the teaching profession.
The successful candidate will have some relevant experience working with children and the drive and enthusiasm to inspire pupils and teachers. Crucial to this role is the ability to coach and develop other pupils to become even better than they already are, and the successful candidate will be someone who is excited and motivated by this responsibility
You’ll be responsible for:
- Tutoring and mentoring groups of pupils and individuals to ensure everyone is reading at their age level.
- Supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in and out of classes.
- Actively engaging in every professional developmental opportunity on the road to a successful career in teaching.
- Co-teaching classes with different subject teachers
To be considered for this Graduate TA role you must:
- Be Degree qualified
- Have a passion for helping young people excel
- A background in Science or Geography
- Have experience working with secondary school aged students (Preferable)
Discover this and other opportunities unique to you via the Opogo Community App when you apply. The app matches you to the best roles based on your experience, skills and location. Learn more below.
About Opogo :
Our vision at Opogo is to transform education together with our partner schools and members by making their working lives simpler, easier, more manageable, less stressful and therefore more enjoyable. You’ll benefit from:
- The Opogo Hub is a real and virtual place packed with targeted, useful, engaging content. It is run and driven by people just like you.
- Our Smart Match Technology effortlessly finds the positions that match your skills, experience and location – and right when you need them
- Access to the Opogo app now on Android and iOS and get Journey Planners, school packs, school facial recognition sign in, plus many more really useful features
- Enjoy a free Umbrella Service and free PAYE services, plus thousands of super daily rewards discounts on coffee, cinema tickets and even your shopping.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV via the button below and we’ll endeavour to get in touch as soon as we can. Opogo will run an initial registration interview to be followed by an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the school’s discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
Have a great day; we understand how tough the job search process is so once you have applied to this go make yourself a cup of tea :)
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Opogo is a community platform designed to help schools attract and retain the talent that’s right for them. Our social hub is packed with rich content from our community experts. And through our ever-evolving Smart Match technology, teachers can be booked for work simply and quickly.
Opogo helps yo
- Technology & IT, Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2017