- Brentford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 16 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What does a ViiV Safety and Pharmacovigilance Executive Industrial Placement have to offer?
Are you interested in contributing to making a difference to the lives of people living with and affected by HIV? Are yu a scientist who can communicate clearly and effectively?
The Chief Scientific and Medical Office (CSMO) of ViiV Healthcare is looking for a Safety and Pharmacovigilance Executive to work as part of the global CSMO department. The CSMO organisation is the R&D/Medical affairs business function of ViiV Healthcare.
The placement will help to build project management skills and will allow you to gain experience and knowledge of working with proficient scientific and medical staff and experts in the field of HIV. This placement will also give you a chance to build a network of professional relationships across the company, as well as providing ongoing development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to gain insights and experience of roles and careers available to scientists that are not laboratory-based research.
- Multiple project management
- Working as part of the Qualified Person in Pharmacovigilance (QPPV) office team
- Assisting the Regulatory Affairs and Medical Governance teams
- Support for key governance meetings and related activities
- Process improvement initiatives, including database and website maintenance and oversight and other systems enhancements
- Contribution to medical and scientific projects
- Producing quarterly Pharmacovigilance reports
- Monitoring pharmacovigilance activities and presenting results regularly
- Contribution to delivery of training on new systems, processes and policies
- Engaging with other stakeholders in ViiV Healthcare
What we are looking for
- Life sciences/biomedical sciences/biochemistry background, with an interest in the Pharmaceutical industry, ideally with an interest in HIV.
- Solution driven and flexible
- Able to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Proactive and confident
- Technically competent - familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in a life sciences undergraduate degree in pharmacology, immunology, biological acience, biochemistry or biomedical science.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be 5 February 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- in Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830
980 Great West Rd, Brentford TW8 9GS