You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Newbury, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Test, measurement and control systems can come at a high price. For 40 years, National Instruments (NI) has worked with engineers and scientists to measure and control the world around us. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. Our customer base of over 35,000 global companies is testament to the fact that NI helps scientists and engineers solve their greatest challenges.
If you can turn it on, connect it, drive it, or launch it, chances are NI technology helped make it happen.
Our 24-month Engineering Leadership Programme (ELP) will give you the opportunity to advance your technical expertise whilst communicating and collaborating with people from a variety of different scientific and engineering backgrounds.play-rounded-fill play-rounded-outline play-sharp-fill play-sharp-outline pause-sharp-outline pause-sharp-fill pause-rounded-outline pause-rounded-fill 00:00 11:25 11:25 CCClosed CaptionsNo subtitles VLOG #1: A day in the life of an Application Engineer at National Instruments.
Hear from Daniel Healey as he describes his usual day at National Instruments.
- Minimum 2.2 bachelor’s degree in engineering or science related field, such as Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Mechatronics or similar.
- Legal right to live and work within the EU.
- Fluent English.
- For candidates wishing to work in our Swedish office, fluent Swedish or Finnish is also required.
- Rotating between the Applications Engineering and Inside Sales departments, you will rapidly build on the technical knowledge from your degree through supportive training and development in order to provide technical support to our diverse customer base.
- You will also learn how to collaborate with customers, understand their technical and business needs and ultimately influence their decision making when purchasing from NI.
- The Applications Engineering department is responsible for supporting our Northern European Region customers - whose backgrounds cover all kinds of engineering and scientific disciplines - in their use of National Instruments (NI) products. Our ELP is also responsible for delivering customer education classes and presenting at seminars on the core NI product portfolio, both at the office and customer locations.
- Within the Inside Sales department you will work with customers by consulting with them on their engineering challenges and identifying what NI solutions would be best to help them.
Life after ELP
Once you have completed the Engineering Leadership Programme, increased your technical knowledge and developed a solid understanding of the requirements of an Engineering organisation, you will have multiple opportunities for your next career move. Typical career paths after ELP include applying for roles at NI that concentrate more on:
- Business applications of technical knowledge: Geo Account Manager or Field Marketing Engineer.
- Technical applications of NI products in industry: Staff Application Engineer.
- Developing and managing the next generation of ELP Engineers: Team Manager.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About National Instruments
For more than 40 years, we’ve been a catalyst in accelerating engineering innovation to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges. As we step into the next decade of discovery, we’re continually pushing boundaries and strengthening our approach to engineering by equipping customers with tools and systems that dramatically advance how
- Advertising, Marketing & PR, Engineering & industrial, Retail
- Newbury, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1976
Measurement House, London Rd, Newbury RG14 2PZ, UK