- Weston-super-Mare, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Security & Information Systems is an exciting and expanding part of the Leonardo organisation, designing, delivering and supporting secure systems for our various customers, primarily in the cyber security industry. The cyber security industry is one of the fastest growing markets worldwide, playing a key role in international security and the value of online business. Operating securely is an outcome needed by all IT-enabled organisations. This outcome is achieved when security becomes a part of the culture of the organisation, embedded in its thinking, processes and technologies.
We are seeking to appoint a high calibre graduate to work as a Systems Engineer based at our offices in Bristol. They will be developing their skill-set alongside experienced systems engineers providing delivery and technical engineering support into the Defence Industry, Emergency Services Industry Central, Local and International Government Departments, Energy Industry and private sector clients.
Our engineers design, implement, test, deliver and support robust, agile secure Information Systems solutions to manage the risks of information loss and misuse associated with cyber-attacks. We improve the cyber posture of organisations in line with business needs and leverage this position to support their requirements for business restructuring, achieving operational efficiency, programme delivery, IT transition, service sourcing and delivery strategies.
The successful candidate must have an all-round technical ability with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will be developing core engineering skills across the system life-cycle in areas such as:
Requirements management and System Analysis
- System Design.
- Infrastructure and Network design.
- System implementation, integration, testing and through life support.
- Fault finding and problem solving.
- Continuous improvement of people, processes and technology.
You will also build competence in technical areas such as:
- Developing technical architectures to support customer requirements.
- Supporting the delivery and transition of ICT services and applications.
- Cyber threat analysis and information security monitoring.
- Integration of COTS technologies within secure environments.
Other responsibilities are likely to include:
- Identify and support business development opportunities.
- Represent Leonardo externally at client sites, events and academic institutions.
- Share knowledge and experience with other staff.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
Most training will be delivered via on-the-job experience working in teams alongside experienced engineers and sometimes assimilated within our clients' project groups.
Additional formal training to supplement may be provided via taught courses depending on the business needs.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline i.e. in Computer Science, ICT, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar technical discipline or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- Have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK. You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Have technical engineering skills, and the ability to learn new technologies.
- Be confident to identify and communicate technical issues and key concerns to senior staff and work with a team to develop and execute coherent approaches to the solution.
- Possess good analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strive for excellence in engineering activities, both personally and professionally.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus.
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years.
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements.
- Contributory pension scheme & Healthcare.
- Free parking.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Weston-super-Mare, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948