You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Staines, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 65,000.0 per year
The OverviewWe have an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst to join our collaborative & supportive Insurance Pricing Team.
Did you know Centrica/ British Gas is not only a market leading Energy & Services provider, we are also a top UK 11 General Insurer?
In this role, you will be working with and learning from our Head of Insurance Pricing to provide actuarial modelling and analytical techniques with the opportunity to work across multiple products, disciplines and projects in our Consumer (B2C) market.
We can provide actuarial study support for the right candidate; ideally part qualified or equivalent work experience as you will be working on exciting projects from the beginning of your career.
- Location: Staines
- Total package circa: £45k - £65k (depending on experience)
What will you be doing?Analysts support net pricing, Consumer (Retail) pricing, value modelling and strategic and commercial decision making to help deliver growth and/or value targets, providing:
- deep insight into the drivers of both observable and hidden differentials in costs and customer behaviour
- consequential research and proposal of alternative rating structures for technical, commercial or strategic advantage
- understanding of the impact of customer pricing, pricing dynamics and customer behaviour
- a toolbox of analytic and actuarial techniques to provide an Actuarial view of current/future performance
- support for Insurance data design, validation & consumption
- Provide dedicated support for our Insurance legal entity in prudential management, governance and regulatory compliance when required.
What you can expect from us?
- We can offer you a change to progressively broaden you experience to all areas in which the team are involved, with the opportunity to play a role in high profile projects.
- As part of an agile team you will be working across multiple products, disciplines and projects concurrently
- British Gas is passionate about career development, we can offer you a fantastic career path, opportunities for growth as well as continuous training and development opportunities.
What will you need to succeed?Experience
- Excellent academic record, to at least bachelor’s degree level (min. 2:1) with significant exposure to mathematics or statistics
- Good progress with technical actuarial exams or similar by experience (eg Part Qualified actuary)
- Work experience in technical or actuarial role in General Insurance
- Broad understanding of contemporary technical and actuarial pricing techniques
- Application of data science within pricing or modelling
- Knowledge of GLM, price optimisation, stochastic simulation or similar specialist Insurance-standard software. WTW and @Risk an advantage.
- Intermediate SQL builder (via any platform). Coding skills beyond intermediate in at least one of: SAS, R, Python, VBA, VB.Net, C#
- Preparatory exploration, manipulation, analysis and representation of a range of different data types
- A developing adaption of techniques for differing data structures
- Developing understanding of principles and concepts underpinning consumer pricing strategies and of wider insurance principles, conduct and regulation
- Awareness of, and ability to apply relevant regulatory and professional standards
- Agile and positive approach with good interpersonal skills
- Developing ability to communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience
- Highly intellectually curious with broad interests in related areas
- Previous work experience in Personal Lines pricing although transfer from other disciplines can be considered
- Equivalent or higher qualifications in related fields such as Finance, Economics or Data Sciences would be welcomed
How to applyPlease note if you click on apply you will immediately be asked create an account with log in details, if you are having trouble applying or have any questions please reach out to Nicole Kerr, Centrica. PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Centrica plc is an international energy and services company with around 27 million customer accounts and a worldwide workforce of over 36,000 employees. It operates mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, Bord Gáis and Direct Energy.
Centrica is a top 50 FTSE 100 company focused on satisf
- Engineering & industrial
- Windsor, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997