- Huddersfield, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 23 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 39 hours per week (Mon – Thurs 08.30 – 17:00 and Fri 08:30 -16:00 with 30 mins lunch)
The Company are one of the leading manufacturers of engineered plastic assemblies for the automotive industry. In the UK they have a Design and Development centre, along with four modern manufacturing plants equipped with some of the latest automation and moulding technology.
They understand the value of offering graduate opportunities across all of their sites and believe that graduates have enormous potential, but that this potential needs to be polished and nurtured. Therefore the Company develops their graduates to be upcoming leaders and managers. They ensure their graduates receive the support they need, with regular reviews and exposure to the wider business to give them the necessary experience and building blocks. In recent years, they have developed graduates across a range of departments.
The company are delighted to announce that they are looking for a Graduate who would like to build a career in Packaging Engineering. This exciting role will be predominately based within their New Product Introduction team at their site just outside the beautiful and historic city of York. There may however, be a requirement to travel to customers or one of the company's other sites in the UK or Europe.
* Providing customers with exceptional technical support during product launches
* Engineering packaging solutions that meet customer needs
* Ensuring customer needs are understood and are converted into packaging while meeting budget requirements
* Managing projects and activities
* Supporting APQP for new products, complying with internal New Product Introduction procedures
* Working with approved suppliers to get packaging that meets customer needs and expectations
* Validating packaging through trials and submitting samples to customers
* Gaining formal approvals for packaging
* Liaising with customers, suppliers, and internal departments as required to understand and meet the end customer requirements
* Liaising with the Sales department to ensure associated costs are captured and projects are delivered within budget
* Investigating problems to ensure that the root cause is found, permanent fixes are put into place and all the activity is documented (e.g. 8D process)
* Monitoring, processing, analyzing, reporting and following up customer and internal quality concerns, queries and issues
* Attending regular New Product Introduction meetings to ensure project deadlines are met
* Carrying out customer and supplier visits as required
* Utilising reusable packaging to minimise impact on the environment
* Supporting the Design and Development Team
* Assisting with the removal of engineering roadblocks to achieve Part Submission Warrant
The Company are looking for candidates who have a passion for packaging! The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be comfortable speaking to all different levels of personnel.
Additionally the candidate must have a proactive, investigative and hands-on approach to tasks; through high levels of analytical capability. They should be capable of working to their own initiatives to satisfy demanding deadlines.
Previous experience of packaging engineering; automation; plastic injection moulding or working within the automotive industry would be an advantage.
* Graduate in engineering (BSC or B Eng)
* Literacy and Numeracy
* Able to self-manage
* Ability to prioritise work loads
* Highly IT literate
* Analytical and extensive communication skills
* Problem solving mind set with a 'can do' attitude
* 6-Sigma Green Belt (desirable)
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Packaging Technician, Packaging Operative, Automation Engineer, Engineer Graduate may also be considered for this role.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Rosti Automotive
Rosti Automotive are a full service supplier of exterior, interior and under bonnet components and systems to the European premium car market. We have 4 manufacturing facilities within the UK as well as a Design and Development centre in Leamington Spa.
Wholly owned by highly respected Swedish family controlled investment company, Nords
- Engineering & industrial, Retail, Logistics & Transport
- in Huddersfield, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2017