You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Hull, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 28 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 36,461.0 per year
Dental Core TraineesHull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts’ in the country. It is a University Teaching Hospital with 1293 beds and an annual budget of £481million. The Trust employs around 9000 staff and is committed to their development and health and well-being. The Trust supports a variety of tertiary services and is both a Major Cancer Centre and a Major Trauma Centre.
Applications are invited for the post of Dental Core Trainee to work at the equivalent level of Dental Core Training (1, 2, or 3) to work in the Humberside Maxillo-Facial Consortium with exposure to multiple site working on a fixed term basis until September 2019. Duties could include:
- Timetable of rolling activity within the specialty allowing the trainee maximum opportunity to acquire competence in all areas of the curriculum
- Mandatory attendance at Deanery led Regional Study Days
- Hands-on sessions (e.g. MOS, operating under both inpatient and day case GA) with a designated clinical supervisor undertaking teaching
- Other duties to include MDT and general outpatient clinics,
- Ward work and acute seven day service provision, including on call
- Active participation with clinical governance with expectation to present audit and research work both locally with the opportunity for regional/national exposure.
- Dedicated teaching session with activity cancelled to facilitate this.
- Study session to include experience of other dental disciplines
- Support in populating a portfolio to complete successfully the DCT year.
- ** We reserve the right to withdraw this post if satisfactory trainees are assigned. We aim to keep all applicants updated throughout the recruitment process.***
For further details / informal visits contact:
Mr Stephen Crank Consultant in Oral surgery and Max Fax
Job Type:Fixed termWorking pattern:40Pay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Medical & DentalSpecialty/Function:DCT1/2
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Hull, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948