You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Taunton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 31 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Are you interested in pursuing a career in accountancy?
Are you looking for a role that combines the benefit of paid employment with support towards training for the ACA qualification?
Have you already started your ACA training but looking for a fresh start?
As a graduate on our 3 year ACA training programme, you will be required to work as part of a team to provide a range of accountancy and tax related services to both new and established clients, whilst becoming a fully qualified chartered accountant. We are looking for ACA trainees who want to start this journey. We are also keen to hear from ACA trainees who have some practical experience who can join the team and hit the ground running!
As an ACA Graduate Trainee with PKF Francis Clark you will work with a range of businesses across the South West. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of an audit team ensuring the validity of clients financial records and making recommendations for improvements in their systems and commercial observations where appropriate
- Preparing financial statements and management information for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Assisting with tax compliance work, both through the audit and accounts preparation process and potentially through secondments to tax teams
- Developing and strengthening client relationships, providing a first class professional service
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Confident team player with a commitment to the profession
- Able to demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working with figures, accurate and understand the significance of calculations
- A sense of fun and a desire to succeed
- a 2:1 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- 280 UCAS points, excluding general studies (obtained or predicted in the same year)
- Grade B or above in Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent
- All trainees study at Reed Business School in the Cotswolds, following a residential linked-learning programme
- Personal development (IPD) aspect of ACA training covered by our in-house, ICAEW accredited programme
- Takes place under a 36-month ICAEW approved training contract
As well as a PKF Francis Clark employment contract, students are also required to sign an ICAEW ACA training agreement, which outlines the support you will receive from PKF Francis Clark and what is expected of you in return with regards to your training.
PKF Francis Clark is about much more than just accountancy. We’re trusted business advisors, working in partnership with our clients to enhance their performance. Their goals are our goals, and through close working relationships (and because we love what we do) when they succeed, so do we.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.