You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Windsor, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 43,000.0 per year
The HSES Advisor will provide competent advice and guidance to Performance Unit (PU) staff on Health, Safety, Environment, Security and Quality issues in compliance with legislation and standards. They will represent the business to clients and other stake holders; undertake audits and inspections; prepare, review and amend HSES documentation and undertake HSE training as required. We are looking for someone with a passion for HSES that will encourage continuous improvement.
As part of the rapidly growing CBS team, your work will be incredibly varied. It will include but not be limited to Solar construction sites/CHP sites/Electrical projects as well as Solar/Electrical vehicle charging point installations.
- Act as point of contact for Health, Safety, Environment, Security and Quality within the Performance Unit (PU)
- Communicate with all employees as required to ensure the integration and application of the HSES & QMS management systems into the PU
- Undertake LOD 1 audits and inspections of work activities and compliance with the HSES & QMS management systems
- Lead, assist and provide guidance on HSES investigations to ensure root cause is identified and actions are undertaken to prevent recurrence, monitor actions raised through to completion
- Monitor, review & analyse HSES statistics
- Assist in the justification for resource allocation as required to ensure adequate management of HSES risk
- Liaise with enforcing authorities as required
The personKey competencies required to carry out the role competently and effectively:
- Thorough knowledge of HSES legislation, standards and best practice
- Thorough knowledge and experience of design, construction and O&M activities and the HSES risks associated with the
- Excellent communication skills, written (including report writing) & verbal
- Commercial awareness and application of the term ‘reasonably practicable’
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiation to ensure effective relationship management
- Ability to identify key information and key trends from HSES data
- Good level of IT literacy required and high level of initiative required
- Knowledge and understanding of HSES and quality management systems
- Appreciation of the implications various HSES initiatives will have on sites
- Experience of operating in a multi-site environment
- Experience and understanding of working construction sites
- NEBOSH Diploma Occupational Safety and Health
- Certificate in Environmental Management, Environmental Awareness training favorable but not essential
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Centrica plc is an international energy and services company with around 27 million customer accounts and a worldwide workforce of over 36,000 employees. It operates mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, Bord Gáis and Direct Energy.
Centrica is a top 50 FTSE 100 company focused on satisf
- Engineering & industrial
- Windsor, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997
Maidenhead Rd, Windsor, UK