- Kings Langley, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Imagination’s PowerVR graphics division produce the world's leading family of ultra-low power GPU IP cores that will power tomorrow’s cutting edge technology. In PowerVR Software, working with experienced Compiler Engineers, you will help design, develop and test the front and backend compiler infrastructure that will help Imagination’s customers take the most of current and next generation GPU hardware capabilities.
Typically, you will work on a self-contained project that will involve some or all of the following:
- Design and write compiler optimisation passes, often including implementing fine-tuned algorithms and working with complex data structures.
- Benchmark testing and performance improvements.
- Develop architectural and functional documentation.
- Refactor or improve existing code, as well as report and document bugs.
- Gain experience working with LLVM compiler infrastructure.
- Interact and lead technical discussions with other members of the team.
Abilities make possibilitiesCommitted to making your customers and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and an able problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest possible standard.
- Advanced C/C++ programming skills.
- Compiler development knowledge and experience, including front-end\parsing, optimisation and back-end/instruction selection.
- Computer architecture knowledge.
- Experience in developing algorithms and working with complex data structures.
You might also have
- Experience with and/or understanding of LLVM.
- Knowledge of GPU suitable languages (GLSL, DX HLSL, OpenCL etc).
- An appreciation of multi-threaded and/or parallel computation and associated difficulties.
Until good is better and better is bestDare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Imagination Technologies
- Technology & IT, Science & Research
- in Kings Langley, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1985
Imagination House, Home Park Estate, Kings Langley WD4 8LZ, UK