- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
LondonDeutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals. We are Germany’s leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
About your programmeOur programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your regional classmates across all business areas for orientation where you’ll hear from executive board members directly regarding the future of the bank. Following this, best-in-class product trainers will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
About Global MarketsThe Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank’s Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Global Markets is dedicated to building long-term, sustainable relationships with the bank’s key corporate and institutional clients. It combines a market-leading institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise to provide clients with access to liquidity and customised solutions across a wide range of markets, products and regions.
The roleBased in one of the world’s global financial centres, you’ll take on early responsibility as you will either experience four rotations across Sales, Trading and Structuring or be placed directly into a Quantitative team. Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role and the desk you’re working on. In Sales & Trading you might be pricing products, preparing marketing materials or refining the way we do forecasts. In Structuring you could be assisting in the origination, execution and structuring of transactions, being closely involved in live deals from day one. In Quantitative Analysis you will be developing models, interfacing with the business and responding to user queries. When you join, you’ll either enter our rotational program and move between different teams in the areas above or be placed directly into one team. Whichever path you take, you will need to hone both your financial and relationship building skills. Throughout your journey, you will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialize later.
Areas in which you could work:
- Sales (Institutional Client Group)
- Trading (Equities or Fixed Income & Currencies)
- Structuring (Equities or Fixed Income & Currencies)
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM) / Financial Solutions Group (FSG)
- Quantitative Strategy
Your qualificationsWe are looking for bright minds with good academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers. We hire for attitude and skillset and are open to applications from a variety of backgrounds and degrees.
- Are you passionate about finance and sales?
- Do you have an interest in business, economics, mathematics, physics or engineering, either as part of your degree or extra-curricular activities?
- Do you have experience in the banking industry or have you participated in activities that showcase your passion towards business, finance, or sales?
- Are you proficient in working with MS Office and common applications? Some programming experience in C++, Python, VBA and Java would be beneficial.
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Does the idea of fostering long-term relationships with clients appeal to you?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills and the ability to build rapport with clients?
Then we look forward to meeting you!
The salary package for this role will be competitive. Please submit all applications by 12th November 2018.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Deutsche Bank
Build your career on brilliant ideas
At Deutsche Bank, we give bright thinkers the space and training they need to shine. If you’re excited by invention and eager to learn, we’ll deliver the tools you need to unleash your potential. Here, we look for more than an excellent academic record: we’re searching for original, collaborative
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1870