- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,000.0 per year
By discovering our Commercial Sales and Management Programme, not only will you be embarking on a rewarding career at the heart of food manufacturing, you will also be gaining exceptional all-round experience that will shape the future of our business.
We Are Bakkavor
Every day millions of people around the globe enjoy our food. We are Bakkavor, a leading provider in the fast-moving and dynamic world of fresh prepared food.
We are over 19,000 people working together across the UK, the US and China, to provide thousands of different products to our customers who include the world's top grocery retailers and foodservice operators, and ultimately, consumers who want fresh, convenient foods. Creating great tasting food has been part of our DNA since 1986.
Our Commercial Sales and Management Programme
From day one, you will contribute to key business projects and add value to your team. Over two 12-month placements, we will give you valuable exposure to a variety of business areas where you will be liaising with our customers, which include many of the biggest names in retail.
You will start as an Account Executive, supporting our Commercial Managers and Category Managers. After two years, you will become an Account Manager for one of our major accounts. You will receive generalist management and leadership skills to become a key member of the team as we continue to develop you into a Commercial Manager.
Ultimately, it is about giving you an all-round understanding of both commercial and food manufacturing, as the journey from farm to fork is fast-moving and complex!
What You Will Need
- Completed at least a 2:2 honours degree in Business, Marketing or Economics.
- Three months' experience working in a commercial, manufacturing or professional services environment.
- The pace is fast, so excellent organisational skills are a must.
- The ability to combine your interpersonal and influencing skills with a business-focused approach.
- Confidence speaking to our customers is a must. Whilst being numerate, analytical and PC literate.
What We Will Offer
We believe a strong compensation and benefits package is important for recruiting and retaining top talent. We are therefore committed to creating a benefits programme that is competitive and flexible to work around you:
- £27,000 salary which is reviewed after completing your first year with us.
- £1,000 sign-on bonus.
- The opportunity to own a brand new car at cheaper rates to get you on the road through Zenith.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- A two year Leadership Training Programme with Fieri Leadership.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holidays.
- Relocation assistance for each placement.
Our graduate scheme has been created to develop the future leaders and shapers of our business. Explore what you could do...
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bakkavor is focused solely on manufacturing fresh prepared foods.
Our core market is the UK and if you shop in any of the UK major grocery retailers you are more than likely to have bought one of our products - but are less likely to be familiar with our company name. This is because the vast majority of the products we make are market
- Consumer goods
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1986