You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Reading, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Start your journey. Define your future.
PBA stands on the outskirts of convention and at the forefront of cutting edge consultancy, delivering trusted advice for over 50 years. Our graduates don’t conform to the ordinary – we design, we advise, we deliver and have a passion for what we practice. It’s that same approach to our clients that will help you succeed on our excellent Graduate Development Programme.
This is an invitation for you to apply to join our busy Civil Engineering team on an exciting journey. One where you can bring to life a diverse range of projects and work with leading clients.
Our civil structures team offer comprehensive bridge engineering and civil structures experience with a long, successful history of designing and inspecting all types of highway and railway structures: from steel and steel composite to concrete, timber and brick arch construction.
But it’s our innovative approach and trusted advice that our clients in both the public and private sectors value most. Where we believe we differ from other consultants is in the integrated approach we adopt on all our schemes, working closely with other disciplines within PBA and the wider project team to jointly deliver cost-effective and buildable solutions for our clients.
Our wide range of services include:
- Concept and feasibility studies.
- Preliminary design, value engineering as well as detailed design and checking.
- Structural strengthening, modification and refurbishment of all types of highway and railway structures.
- Category 3 and third party structural checking, including independent design auditing.
- Temporary works in both the highway and rail sectors.
- Construction phase design support and contract administration services.
- Asset Management of bridges and civil structures, including structural inspections and assessments.
At PBA, we’re continuously challenging ourselves. It’s an important part of being a sustainable, independent firm and we know that our success depends on the creativity, integrity and collaboration of our people.
To join our Graduate Development Programme you need to be passionate and ready to join a leading consultancy to help deliver our projects for our clients. A creative mind is key; you’ll need to demonstrate ‘outside the box’ thinking and innovation in your work to date.
You’ll preferably have a Master’s degree and have achieved/ be on target for a minimum 2:1/ Merit for your studies. We really value relevant work experience gained through previous placements, internships and work experience so make sure you tell us about this if you have it.
To be considered for a role within our Bridges discipline you will:
- Have a Graduate BEng or MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Ideally be conversant with engineering software and working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Be proactive, dynamic and intuitive.
- Be happy to work on your own as well as in the team.
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your Professional Development
A vital part of your development at PBA is your progression from graduate to a recognised professional in your chosen discipline. We work with you to offer not just the projects and opportunities to ensure that this happens but also the mentoring and support that you need too. We have capability to offer progression through incorporation, chartership and recognition with institutions such as ICE, IStructE, CIWEM, CIHT, TPP and more.
We offer our Graduates a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, a matching contributory pension scheme, payment of one professional subscription, annual leave buy or sell and a flexible benefits package (including a flexible benefits allowance), which allows you to choose from a variety of flexible benefits including:
- Gym Membership
- Travel insurance
- Dental insurance
- Private Medical insurance
- Critical Illness and Life Assurance cover
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Peter Brett Associates
We create value for clients and communities through our projects, and our ambition is to continue to be recognised by our people, clients and
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Reading, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1965
Caversham Bridge House, Waterman Pl, Reading RG1 8DN, UK