You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,000.0 per year
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with Disney?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
Walt Disney set the standard for character licensing in the entertainment industry when he licensed the image of Mickey Mouse for a children's notebook. Today, Disney Consumer Products is the world's largest licensor of intellectual property, bringing Disney magic to the heart of the home through compelling products and experiences. Working here, you will translate Disney's beloved brand, stories and characters into a broad range of consumer products that feed the imagination, create fashion, encourage healthy eating habits, and add the excitement to celebrations.
We have Design, Creative and Product Development Internships available across our Consumer Products business working on all our product categories: kids, adults, toys, fashion, sportswear, stationery, food and electronics for Disney, Marvel, Pixar and LucasFilm.
Roles and responsibilities:
As a member of the Creative team, you will actively support our hugely talented and successful professionals working on design briefs, style guides, product development, creative and approval processes.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in 2020
- MUST have the legal right to work in the UK
- Applicants should be studying a relevant degree e.g. Product Development / Fashion / Print Design / Textiles / Graphic Design
- Passion for design trends/retail or commercial design/product development
- Strong MS Office skills essential
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator skills desirable
- Great attention to detail and specifically the ability to work accurately under pressure
- Good at prioritising and natural ability to tackle various admin duties
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with Disney and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more...
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
About Disney Licensing
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Walt Disney Company
From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started!
The key to our success…. The C
- Media, Publishing & Events, Telecommunications
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1923
3 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, UK