- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 26 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Amazon is a place where builders can build. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager and team, not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you would expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
The AWS Tech U Program is an accelerated career development program for new graduates who want to advance their skills and help customers design flexible and resilient cloud-based solutions. This residency program consists of two phases: a six-month academic curriculum followed by three to six months of experiential learning in the field. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the Tech Industry.
This program will start in September 2019 and the six-month residency program will be based in our Madrid offices. If you excel in this phase, you will be relocated to your Country of origin for the second phase, where you'll work & learn in the field.
- Completed or currently on a Bachelors/ Masters degree related to Computer Science/ Engineering/ Networking/ Information Technology/ Information Systems/ Mathematics/ Physics etc
- Must be able to relocate and work for the first 6 months in our Spanish office in Madrid
- Academic and practical experience in three or more of the following areas: networking, security, storage, database, architecture/infrastructure/OS and web or application development.
- Advanced to fluent proficiency in English
- Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company desired.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired
- Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work desired.
- Experience managing application stacks from the OS up through custom applications or experience designing or implementing distributed systems, algorithms and relational databases desired
- Knowledge of programming or other scripting languages and coding skills (C/C++/C#, Node.JS, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby) desired.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of Networking, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows) desired.
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP) desired.
- Working knowledge of AWS services, such as Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Block Storage, and Simple Storage Service desired.
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend an online assessment post which successful candidates will be invited to a technical phone screen. Candidates who do pass the technical phone screen will then be invited to attend an in-house assessment centre. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Amazon is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company based in Seattle, Washington.The tech giant is the largest Internet retailer in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization, and second largest after Alibaba Group in terms of total sales
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1994
60 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2FD