You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
WHO WE ARE
Our Brand Vision is to deliver empowering fashion that fuels our customer’s spirit to look and feel their best self. We don’t define our customer, they define themselves; we celebrate diverse style and personal self-expression. We create and edit trends built on a passion for great design, quality, value and experience.
We are looking for a Design Assistant to assist on our Casualwear department. As a Design Assistant at TOPSHOP you will be at the forefront, working to ensure we are first in capturing the emerging trends and translating these into beautiful and desirable products our customers will love and believe in. Our goal is to bring the thrill of fashion to our customer’s everyday lives.
DAY TO DAY
Design Assistant’s play a vital role within our Design team, providing essential support to your department, ensuring that your brand stays head of the game. A key part of your role is to assist the Designers in the development of their ranges:
- Trend research and analysis – awareness of street style and ability to generate on brand imagery which
- is current and applicable to Topshop customer through use of blogs and catwalks
- Customise existing samples.
- Design and spec under the direction of Senior Designer
- Compile catwalk overviews of new and emerging trendsAttend all relevant meetings, contributing where appropriate
- Archiving samples and sample management
- Key Design support to designers
- Researching and designing into trends.
- Portfolio must show relevant Casualwear work
- You must be approachable, confident and have an outgoing personality
- To be forward thinking, whilst maintaining a sense of commercialityAbility to work in a lively and fast-paced environment and deliver tasks in a timely manner
- Pro-active work ethic – take a brief and work on your own initiative
- Good working knowledge of CAD would be beneficial – Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
THE EXCITING PART
- Early finish Fridays during Summer!
- 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
- Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
- Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
- Events to support our diverse range of charities
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Arcadia Group
Arcadia is the UK’s largest privately owned fashion retailer with seven major high street brands: Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman and Wallis, along with our out-of-town fashion destination Outfit. It’s not just about the UK high street; with transactional websites, social media and over 680 global locations, ou
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2004
Colegrave House, 68-70 Berners St, Fitzrovia, London, UK