You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Croydon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,200.0 per year
Job title: Business Relationship Assistant internship
Duration of contract: 6 months
Salary: £400 per week
Deadline of applications; 17th September 2018
We are looking for graduates with an ICT, Project and Business background, who are seeking to develop their career within local authority. The role will be to assist the Business Relationship Manager, in working closely with all Council departments to enable the effective diagnosis of business issues, strategies and goals to initiate analyse, design, develop sound business cases and proposals and successfully implement ICT solutions that address key business drivers.
- Assist the BRM in developing and maintaining relationships between the ICT & Transformation service, Council Departments and their teams which drive value in the business through technology enabled Transformation and business change
- Assist the BRM in working closely with departments to build an empathy and understanding of their key challenges and issues and ensure that their key strategic imperatives are recognised and included in the delivery of all ICT services.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and all functions at all levels
- Assist the BRM in partnering with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, and plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and business partners
- Assist the BRM in partnering Partner with business analysts to ensure that essential business requirements are understood, captured, and reflected in solution documentation.
- Maintain the necessary relevant records and systems. Produce process maps/requirements as well as acceptance test scripts and other business and system documentation.
- Help to manage risks associated with IT projects.
- Relevant degree
- Previous relevant experience would be good
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organisation.
- Communication & influencing skills: Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
An exceptional listener, able to comprehend what is said and probe for important details.
- Organisation & planning skills: Some skills for running workshops. Knowledge of different project management methodologies desirable. Good analytical skills required to diagnose issues.
- IT knowledge & skills: More than basic user of standard Microsoft Office programs with an appreciation of a wide range of other applications/systems.
- Other: acumen and passion for business and technology
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About University of London
The University of London is one of the oldest, largest and most diverse universities in the UK. Established by Royal Charter in 1836, the University is recognised globally as a world leader in Higher Education.
The University is made up of 18 independent member institutions of outstanding reputation and a number of highly acclaimed centra
- Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1836