- Weston-super-Mare, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 25,000.0 per year
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a mechatronics / automation / robotics field of study. This position is suitable for a recent graduate looking for their first engineering opportunity to grow and develop in a fast paced environment. In exchange, the successful candidate must be able to confidently display what they have learned at university, have a self-motivated attitude and able to take the initiative in approaching technical problems with confidence.
Graduate Robotics Engineer / Graduate Software Engineer Position Overview
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Carrying out Software/Coding Development, PLC programming for automated production line machinery and other automated machinery using PLCs and HMIs.
* Following each project from cradle to grave, you will shadow and support experienced engineers, who in turn will provide you with coaching and development.
* Working alongside experienced engineers to further your own skillset and develop further understanding of robotic/machinery, PLC and HMI programming.
* Digital Systems, Electronics Design, Carrying out Testing and Proof of Concept work.
Graduate Robotics Engineer / Graduate Software Engineer Position Requirements
* Degree Qualified in a Mechatronics / Automation / Robotics field of study with a minimum of a 2:1 result is essential.
* While a graduate scheme, working experience in a relevant field of employment would be an advantage. Please note however, this is not essential in any way.
* Proficiency in the use of C++ or MATLAB / LabVIEW is essential.
* Ability to program and write application code from scratch is essential.
* Proficiency in the use of PLC packages such as Siemens S7/ TIA Portal, Omron or Rockwell Allen Bradleys or other would be an advantage.
* A pro-active and self-motivated attitude is required for this position. Training and coaching is given, but initiative will be required.
* Desire to travel abroad on intense training courses for long periods of time.
* Ability to read engineering drawings.
* A Full UK Driving Licence.
* Based within a commutable distance of Bristol.
* Strong written and verbal communication.
Graduate Robotics Engineer / Graduate Software Engineer Position Remuneration
* Salary: £20,000-£25,000 Dependant on Skills/Experience
* 33 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays
* Pension and Medical Insurance
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bennett & Game Recruitment formed in 2012 and currently we are one of the largest single-sited technical recruitment agencies based in central Chichester.
As a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency we operate within a range of industries with each division of our business providing a knowledgeable and trustworthy service to
- Technology & IT, Recruitment & HR
- in Weston-super-Mare, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2012