- Maidenhead, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,000.0 per year
About Costain and your project.
The Costain Graduate Development Scheme is an intensive 2-year programme designed to equip high flying graduates with the skills and experience required to take them forward in their career with the company. We expect graduates to rotate after 12 months to another sector of the business. We offer mentoring and support in every area of work, as well as a structured training programme. Costain offers a range of exciting development opportunities to accelerate your career and enable you to achieve your potential both during and after the Graduate Development Scheme.
What will you be doing?
- Understand the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
- Assist in providing advice on the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies and processes
- Assist SHE manager or delegate and Contract Management in understanding of stakeholders (internal and external) aims, priorities and risks with regards to SHE
- Assist with the development of Health, Safety and Environmental Management plans if applicable and coordination of review
- Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, incidents and ill health,
- Provide advice and guidance for obtaining legal consents, licenses and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and waste management licenses as and when required and as directed.
- Assist the SHE Manager and other members of the SHE team, in key tasks to assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System.
- Bsc in Health & Safety Management Or Health, Safety and Environment Management Or Environment Management.
- Under graduate study or equivalent diploma that gains IOSH Technical Safety Practitioner Status or Graduate IEMA
- Experience of delivering presentations, talking in public etc
- Excellent organisations, communication and time management skills
£28,000 starting salary, private medical cover, pension, 25 days' paid annual leave/year, salary reviewed every 6 months.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Costain Group
At Costain, we are transforming into the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company.
Through our integrated consultancy, technology, asset optimisation and complex delivery services we are meeting the essential needs of the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Our work drives efficiency, safe
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- in Maidenhead, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1865
1 Vanwall Rd, Maidenhead SL6 4UB, UK