- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 9,000.0 per year
- Terms & conditions apply
The hospital is a 39 bedded purpose-built psychiatric intensive care unit. The hospital provides a secure and safe, gender-specific environment for adults who have suffered an acute deterioration or relapse in their mental wellbeing.
We specialise in providing intensive and bespoke, individualised treatment plans working collaboratively with patients and their families or carers and employ staff in a variety of different roles providing ongoing support, comprehensive training, learning and development opportunities.
The hospital is located just off the A306 in Roehampton, 4 miles from Richmond and 9 miles from central London. The nearest main line train station is Putney or Barnes with good transport links to the hospital.
Our Staff Nurses are highly respected and they shape how we deliver care. Our ‘Conversation into Action’ programme actively encourages everyone to get involved and drive change for the better.
Huntercombe can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you’ll be able to make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
When you join The Huntercombe Group as a Registered Nurse (RMN), you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all puts people first.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As a Staff Nurse ( RMN ) working in our Adult Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities PICU/Acute Service, your main duties will be:-
- Taking day to day leadership responsibility for the clinical and operational running of a ward within the service, ensuring care and treatment needs are met and task allocation is completed.
- Contributing towards MDT working, by providing nursing knowledge and inputs to a range MDT processes
- Acting as Primary Nurse to a small number of patients, taking overall responsibility for the nursing input they receive, through nursing assessments and care planning.
- Providing written nursing reports for a range of statutory and clinical review processes such as CPA’s, MHA Hospital Managers Hearings and First Tier MHA Review Tribunals.
- Contributing to risk assessment and management, to enable positive risk taking and care pathway planning.
- Contributing towards a programme of on-going clinical improvement, through participation is CPD events, governance and audit arrangements.
- Hold current NMC PIN registration and adhere to the NMC Codes of Conduct at all times
- Have a person centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Have the ability to motivate, lead and supervise a team
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
- A generous bonus payment - *Terms & Conditions apply
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Reimbursement for NMC registration fees
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) including PICU Gold Standard Training as recommended by NAPICU
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Relocation allowance of up to £8000.00
If you like what you have read, are dynamic, forward thinking and keen to learn, with a confident ‘CAN DO’ approach in all you do, please click Apply now.
To learn more about The Huntercombe Group please visit our website.
- (conditions apply)
Posting Date: 30th October 2018Closing Date: 2nd December 2018
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:Shifts - 37.625 hoursPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredSpecialty/Function:Forensic Mental Health & Psychiatric Mental Health Services
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948
105 Victoria St, Westminster, London SW1E 6AD