You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Brentford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What does a ViiV Supply Chain Officer industrial placement have to offer?
ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company, established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012, dedicated to delivering advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV and for people who are at risk of becoming infected with HIV. The company’s aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a new approach to deliver effective and innovative medicines for HIV treatment and prevention, as well as support communities affected by HIV.
Since 2012, ViiV Healthcare has offered an opportunity for students to undertake a 12-month industrial placement programme. Through taking on roles with real responsibility, placement students are incredibly valued and play a vital role in contributing to the success of projects.
Detailed description and scope of the role:
The successful student will be part of a small team within ViiV Healthcare Supply Chain that is responsible for overseeing the global HIV product portfolio that delivers +£4 billion of revenue.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead weekly supply governance meetings with Pfizer.
- Be the main point of contact within Supply Chain for commercial shipments of existing products and work with Customers and Suppliers to manage supply and resolve issues.
- Generate weekly reports to support ViiV Supply Chain performance management and be the single point of contact in the team for queries in supply chain IT systems.
- Provide reporting to support monthly supply and demand governance and business review meetings.
- Coordinate the bi-monthly Supply Chain Team’s Risk Management meeting.
- Provide demand management and supply chain analysis involving forecasting / capacity reviews of finished products and APIs.
- Provide support for the introduction of new products in diverse global markets from initial market enquiry to first delivery.
- Represent Supply Chain on the organising committee for the annual Finance & Business Partners conference.
- Support Access to Medicine (ATM) tenders.
- Ensure clarity on ATM and Not for Profit Pricing with GSK, ViiV commercial and ViiV Government Affairs.
- Discuss tender proposals with commercial lead and with the GSK logistics group.
- Manage the donation programmes from a supply perspective.
- Support adhoc Supply Chain Issue Management projects and implement improvements.
The role will involve interface with GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi as well as with other third party manufacturers and supply organisations, local operating companies/customers in many International markets, regulatory support functions, Finance and ViiV Healthcare’s Government Affairs group.
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in an undergraduate degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be 14th February 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Maxinutrition, Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830
980 Great West Rd, Brentford TW8 9GS