- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 21 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 24 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,220.0 per year
In this PR Assistant graduate job, you will be joining a multi-discipline public relations consultancy, who provide award-winning communications solutions to businesses and individuals operating in and around the financial services sector. With an outstanding track record of delivering intelligent and creative campaigns, they are a team of experts with decades of combined experience in the financial services sector. With a fantastic reputation and a number of prestigious awards to their name, their impressive portfolio of clients currently includes the likes of Barclays, Redington & John Lewis Finance.
In this PR Assistant graduate job, you will be responsible for supporting Senior Account Managers on a diverse portfolio of accounts that is comprised of top corporate finance and consumer finance accounts. You will be working within a tight-knit team, getting involved in creating media lists, proofreading press releases, organising events, and helping to research key clients. It's essential that you have a real interest in financial services, as you will be expected to stay up-to-date with industry trends, and monitor the media on a day to day basis.
In this PR Assistant graduate job, your role will include:
- Reading and learning around the sectors in which clients operate, as well as the general market
- Media monitoring, reading national press and specialist publications, photocopying and circulating relevant articles within client teams
- Proof-reading clients' and co-workers' written work
- Researching and maintaining media lists
- Drafting and maintaining status reports
- Preparing documentation require for meetings, attending and taking accurate minutes, and distributing afterwards
- Handling incoming media enquiries or requests for information
- Assisting with events such as dinners and roundtables
So, what are we looking for?
- A 2.1 from a top university
- Previous PR experience is desirable but not essential
- A proactive can-do attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both within the office and when representing the consultancy - excellent client service is crucial
- A team player - the consultancy is comprised of a dynamic and ambitious team with a defined growth strategy to achieve its vision
- Experience of managing and implementing social media strategies for corporate clients
- A knowledge of design, print and digital is desirable
What else is on offer?
- A great starting salary of between £20,000 - £22,000
- A generous 25 days holiday per annum
- Plenty of training and development opportunities
- Fantastic career progression (The Director of the company started as a Consultant in this sector!)
- Regular work socials - these have previously included polo in the park, Flight Club darts and wine tasting
- The chance to kick-start your career at a prestigious, award-winning financial PR consultancy
Looking for PR graduate jobs and want to work within the exciting financial services sector? If you're a proactive graduate with an interest in finance and the media, apply for this PR Assistant graduate job in London today!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Give A Grad A Go
Give A Grad A Go is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment firm, matching exceptional graduates with the country’s most exciting businesses.
Since 2009, we've successfully placed over 2,000 of the UK's most outstanding grads into hundreds of companies throughout the UK. Our client database covers a huge range of firms; from burgeon
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2009
Gainsborough Studios, 1 Poole St, London N1 5EE, UK