You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Outline of the work experiences to be provided:
The Intern will become a key member of the Credit Fund Management (CFM) team during their internship. The role will focus on gaining practical work experience through assisting the team with daily tasks including:
- Improving efficiency of the investment and trading process by undertaking or automating certain tasks;
- Organising, analysing and manipulating data for portfolio and credit analysis purposes, and documenting that analysis;
- Working with the Head of Credit Research on implementation and further evolution of the Responsible Investing framework within CFM;
- Other ad hoc projects.
Furthermore, the Intern will have the opportunity to observe and participate in the life cycle of individual deals alongside experienced credit analysts, including from deal launch, through the investment process, funding and subsequent monitoring and trading. This, in conjunction with the work experience outlined above, will enable them to develop their understanding of the financial markets, with a particular understanding of the sub-investment grade loan and bond markets.
Whilst there is considerable variation in the daily role of a credit analyst, over the duration of the Internship the Intern should expect to:
- Gain an introduction to the financial services market, focused in particular on high yield and leveraged loans, and ICG, who we are and what we do
- Understand how the business operates and the various roles played by the different departments
- Develop key business skills crucial for a successful career in financial services, including problem solving, multi-tasking, working both independently and as part of a team, and delivering high quality work in a timely manner
- Develop an understanding of internal databases and excel models used in CFM’s processes
- Have exposure to various aspects of the primary and secondary leveraged loan and high yield markets
- Build relationships, both within the team and across the firm, especially with the Credit Fund Management Administration team and IT department
- Learn how to use and integrate key financial software tools, including Bloomberg
Strong interpersonal skills, including presentation skills are key, alongside a “can-do” attitude and ability and comfort working independently at times, whilst having a strong degree of curiosity and integrity.
Specialist skills or qualifications required
- Strong academic record (2.1 minimum)
- Some understanding of corporate financial analysis (basic understanding of P&L, Cashflow, Balance sheet, SWOT analysis etc) is preferable.
- Fluent written and spoken English (additional languages beneficial but not essential).
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Our strategy is to grow our specialist asset management activities to deliver increased shareholder value. Our goal is to generate income and consistently high returns whilst protec
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1989
Juxon House, 100 St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8BU, UK