You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,999.0 per year
Business Operations Placement
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
When you embark on an internship with us you will come into a real job role and belong to an established team, receive a full induction as well as on the job coaching, mentoring and personal development.
This is a 12-month programme, based in Reading, London or Edinburgh, where you’ll have an unforgettable year working in any number of roles and areas. From data analyst roles to PR and marketing, sales and technical roles, no matter what you are studying there is a place for you at Microsoft.
Stretch (Extra) Projects
On top of your day-to-day role, you also have the chance to get involved in a variety of stretch projects. Stretch projects are in addition to your job role and unique to the intern programme. They include teams that evangelise about our exciting technology to external audiences, support on impactful citizenship projects, help with diversity events and fundraising activities and work on business impact projects with senior leaders. There are also opportunities to manage blogs, design apps and undertake internal projects, whatever your passion is there is a stretch project for you.
We’ll help you make the most of your talents with training that looks something like this:
- 70% learning on the job
- 20% learning from your manager, peers and mentor
- 10% learning through structured courses and role-specific training
Some of the highlights of your training will include:
- Three-day induction
- Manager one-to-ones
- Quarterly development meetings
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams
- Organised Intern community events
- Access to the Microsoft Learning Centre
Want to put your business degree to the test? Join us in a Business Operations role and develop an extensive range of skills including process improvement, business change management and customer and partner research.
What qualities do we look for in our people?
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Focused: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you're deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
You must be enrolled on an undergraduate degree that allows you to complete 12-months placement starting in July, with full authorisation to work. We also require you to include your full CV when applying online.
Rewards & benefits
Alongside the long-term career benefits, the Intern programme comes with some great advantages from day one. You’ll earn a competitive salary of £17,000 and be given 25 days’ holiday during your year with us, three days a year to volunteer for a cause of your choice, product discounts, subsidised cafes and restaurants, free drinks, gym membership (HQ), wellbeing centres and free legal advice and emotional support.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Final round interviews will be held in our Reading office during January 2019
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
In the UK, we share Microsoft’s global vision to empower every person and organisation to achieve more; but we also pursue a wide range of initiatives with particular resonance and relevance to the UK economy and culture.
From working responsibly and sustainably to ensuring that the technology we create makes life better - not just for
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1975