- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 22 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 23 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 53 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation.
Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Supervision Officer – AML on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the newly-created Anti-Money Laundering Supervision team and is based in our London office.
Your primary role as Senior Supervision Officer – AML is to ensure that ACCA adequately monitors compliance with relevant AML regulation within its supervised populations in the UK, Ireland and the Isle of Man.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Assisting with the design and development of the risk assessment methodology/process to determine the level of AML risk for each relevant person within the supervised population
- Periodically, carry out risk assessments of the supervised population in order to generate a schedule of supervisory reviews for approval by the Senior Manager – AML and distribution to the Supervision Officers on a timely basis
- Conducting periodic inspections of ACCA’s AML supervised population ensuring that the inspections run smoothly and are based on accurate information about ACCA’s processes
- Preparing and issuing a detailed report after each monitoring visit which confirms the findings and any required or recommended future action
- Ensuring that any changes to the risk framework are correctly incorporated into the database and risk assessment processes. Contribute to the development of registration and risk assessment processes for the supervised population to ensure that ACCA meets its obligations through an effective but proportionate approach
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has educated to degree level or equivalent
- Has a recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent)
- Has detailed knowledge of AML requirements, particularly UK Money Laundering Regulations; familiarity with the duties of supervisory authorities is an advantage
- Has significant post-qualification experience in a practice environment
- Has substantial practical experience of applying AML requirements, preferably in a compliance role
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including Private Healthcare, Income Protection and Group Pension Plan
- Customisable benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexi-time, dress down Fridays and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Consulting & Accounting
- in London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in