You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
As trusted advisors, we have the proven ability to engineer and execute financing solutions that are essential for growth and success. We offer access to financing in the public and alternative capital markets through the issuance of debt, equity, or hybrid securities.
Our integrated Capital Markets Group provides clients with independent solutions, free from conflicts of interest arising from credit extensions or proprietary investments. This dedicated team of financial professionals handles large, complex engagements and all aspects of capital-raising to help maximize its clients’ financial flexibility over the long term. Thanks to our extensive relationships with alternative capital providers, we have the unique ability to raise customized capital for those situations where the public markets do not offer an attractive solution. In addition, we offer liability management expertise, enabling issuers to optimize their capital structure or resolve conflicts with existing debt securities.
Houlihan Lokey’s Capital Markets team has decades of combined experience and a track record of successfully executed financings in a variety of market conditions.
Houlihan Lokey’s Capital Markets Group originates, structures, and executes private and public debt and equity financings on behalf of the firm’s corporate clients across numerous industries. Analysts work on transactions that provide exposure to various debt products and financing techniques/applications, such as bank debt / senior loans, second-lien debt, unitranche debt, mezzanine debt and equity / equity-linked securities for a variety of situations, including growth capital, leveraged buyouts (LBOs), acquisition financing, refinancings, dividend recapitalizations and special situations.
Throughout the year, Houlihan Lokey offers a 6 month internship opportunities at their London office. As an intern, you will experience a 6 month internship within our Capital Markets team. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job training throughout your internship, gaining similar levels of exposure as a first-year analyst. You will:
- Work directly with a talented, dedicated staff of senior professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different considerations affecting public and private debt and equity financings;
- Assist with evaluating and structuring customized financing alternatives for clients; and
- Develop general corporate finance and valuation skills relevant to raising capital, while building a detailed understanding of key developments in the debt and equity capital markets.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards employees with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and background:
- You will be a recent graduate and have a strong academic track record and achieved a 2:1 or equivalent degree
- Previous internship experience within an investment bank preferred
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. However, a European Language is helpful
- A demonstrated interest in Capital Markets
- You must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional strong work ethic
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Houlihan Lokey
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1972