You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
This industry leading financial services firm currently seek an experienced Compliance officer with a strong legal background.
Reporting into the Compliance Manager, your position will involve assisting with the maintenance sufficient policies, procedures and controls to identify, prevent, mitigate and manage regulatory risk.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Plan and undertake Compliance monitoring reviews of business and support functions in London, as part of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Additionally, the position requires the candidate to take responsibility for identifying and delivering training on regulatory topics across the business and generally assisting the Compliance Department across UK and Europe in delivery of its objectives.
- As and when required the position requires the candidate to assist in the completion of delegated Business as Usual tasks.
- Plan and undertake the execution of compliance desk reviews/risk-based monitoring in accordance with an established review plan.
- Carry out thematic reviews of Compliance topics across the business
- Work with the business units to develop a good understanding of their strategy, services and products
- Review audit and regulatory findings, identifying key issues for risk rating purposes
- Keep abreast of current business developments and regulatory issues that may impact the risk environment of the Firm
- Maintain sufficient policies, procedures, systems and controls to identify, mitigate, prevent and manage regulatory risk
- Contribute to and manage Group and general compliance issues as delegated, this may be project work dependent on thematic regulatory topics, business projects or BAU
- Assist with marketing approvals including but not limited to financial promotions, client communications and website content
- Work collaboratively with Compliance Managers in our European offices, sharing best practice and promoting open dialogue and communication
- Manage the compliance inbox
- Assist with complaints handling process, in particular escalated complaints
- Contribute to on-going work to ensure that the principles of TCF are being met
- Provide advice/guidance to the business on key areas of Compliance
- Ensure the Compliance department maintains adequate records
- Promote a positive Compliance culture within the office
- Maintain the breaches log
- Ensuring that the business in general is operating within the relevant regulations
- Assistance with preparations for regulatory visits
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge and understanding of FCA rules and other legislation (i.e. COBS and SYSC)
- Analytical and enquiring nature, ability to solve problems
- Previous experience in compliance monitoring or a generalist compliance role preferred coupled with a Law degree or legal background
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Hill Newton Recruitment
Hill Newton Recruitment is a leading city based recruiter providing contingent, project and retained search solutions on behalf of the Banking & Finance, Wealth Management and Insurance sectors, we are focused on providing a consultative service to all our clients and believe our success is based on our ability to build excellent long ter
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2006