You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Leeds, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Our engineering teams make a positive impact on virtually every aspect of our business. They help to manufacture our products, create new medical breakthroughs and are also responsible for everything from material sciences and packaging to operations and facilities management.
DePuy Synthes create products that reconstruct diseased or damaged joints, repair skeletal injuries, correct spinal injuries or deformities and also provide surgical treatments for neurological disorders. These products change the lives of our patients and present unique and rewarding challenges for our engineering teams.
Join the tribology and biomechanics team at DePuy Synthes and you will provide vital support and information to internal customers (examples are wear testing, developing robustness in vitro test methodologies, analysis of failed product, determining the load to failure or testing an instrument actuation mechanism to it’s anticipated lifetime of use). You will also be involved with developing test protocols for the new product development portfolio and have the opportunity to work in our state of the art laboratories to conduct testing and simulations on our products.
During your placement year you will follow a structured development plan which will cover equipment and system training and quality system training. You will also benefit from being mentored by a permanent staff member as well as day to day advice and guidance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Produce work plans for own test responsibilities and contribute to the strategic planning process
- Devise wear test programmes for our products to mimic daily living activity etc.
- Utilise a range of complex test equipment including servo-hydraulic test machines
- Contribute to product validations and requirement plans
- Develop understanding of materials used in orthopaedics
- Contribute to New Product Development Core teams including interaction with other functions such as Design, Bioengineering, Quality, Manufacturing
- Write technical reports providing supporting research evidence from literature and explants
- Support internal customers to provide an array of tribological and associated test support
- Research and develop test protocols for new product development portfolio
- Utilise a range of complex test equipment including wear simulators (hip and knee) and precision metrology equipment
- Contribute to machine/equipment validations
- Work within a regulated industry in accordance with compliance standards
Requirements of the role:
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Engineering degrees preferred – bio or medical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials engineering, automotive engineering and similar
Key skills and competencies:
- Patient and high level of attention to detail
- Good grounding of engineering principles
- Fastidious and accurate
- Strong written communication skills for reporting
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent research skills
- Appreciation of human factors and biology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About Johnson & Johnson
For the past 132 years, Johnson & Johnson has been involved in defining the future of healthcare. Innovation is at our core and in 2017, we achieved record levels of investment: USD10.6 billion in R&D and USD35.2 billion in M&A. We are looking for talented individuals to lead the change that the world needs to see now— and in the years ahead—to help ensure global access to safe, viable and affordable healthcare.
With over 134,000 employees in than 60 countries, our people bring creativity, expertise, and passion to their work every day across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer products, pharmaceuticals and medical technology.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Johnson & Johnson
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the live
- Health & Social Care, Science & Research, Consumer goods
- Maidenhead, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1886