You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,000.0 per year
About Costain and your project
The Costain Graduate Development Scheme is an intensive 2-year programme designed to equip high flying graduates with the skills and experience required to take them forward in their career with the company. We expect graduates to rotate after 12 months to another sector of the business. We offer mentoring and support in every area of work, as well as a structured training programme to enable graduates to work towards achieving Chartership with the ICE. Graduates will work on a number of projects around the UK during the 2-year programme, in sectors including nuclear, highways, rail, water, airports and tunnels.
Costain offers a range of exciting development opportunities to accelerate your career and enable you to achieve your potential both during and after the Graduate Development Scheme.play-rounded-fill play-rounded-outline play-sharp-fill play-sharp-outline pause-sharp-outline pause-sharp-fill pause-rounded-outline pause-rounded-fill 00:04 02:39 02:35 CCClosed CaptionsNo subtitles Technology Enabling Services
What will I be doing?
As a Graduate Civil Engineer you will be responsible for a key element of work on a project taking a significant role in technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality and will acquire technical, leadership and project management skills and experience. This will include undertaking the following tasks:
- Management of site operations, to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, timely production and customer satisfaction.
- Planning and sequencing of operations, including writing method statements and risk assessments, and procuring sub-contractor, labour, plant and material resources.
- Briefing teams.
- Implementing operational quality control including setting out and QA processes.
- Commercial management.
- Design and design management.
- Work winning.
- Full engagement with the Costain professional development scheme, to become qualified in 3 – 4 year period.
- Minimum 2:1 achieved or expected in a Civil Engineering degree accredited by the ICE.
- Work experience relevant to the Civil Engineering sector preferred but not essential.
- Mobility to work on various projects over the 2-year programme throughout the UK.
Assessment centres will take place at our Head Office in Maidenhead, SL6 4UB.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Costain Group
At Costain, we are transforming into the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company.
Through our integrated consultancy, technology, asset optimisation and complex delivery services we are meeting the essential needs of the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Our work drives efficiency, safe
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Maidenhead, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1865