- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 13 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The International Growth Optimization (IGO) team is a central strategy and implementation team supporting American Express’s consumer business across 20 international markets. Reporting to the head of the international consumer business, the group leads the development and supports local market implementation of strategic initiatives that drive profitable, sustainable revenue growth. The team is responsible for:
* Identifying and delivering against net-new revenue growth initiatives that align to Enterprise priorities
* Ensuring effective execution of aligned growth initiatives through partnering with local markets and global centres of excellence to facilitate strategic projects of multi-market relevance
* Delivering bespoke data analysis for the leadership of the international consumer business and market partners to further enable data-driven decision-making and resource prioritization
* Leading the design and implementation of margin-enhancing initiatives, including through the development of technology solutions, in partnership with local markets and platform owners
* Developing and embedding effective market prioritization across markets and with critical business partners in order to aid investment efficiency and effectiveness
* Providing ongoing, informed guidance on growth levers to achieve the defined vision for each market
If you are a bold, strategic thinker, able to convert strategy into clear, actionable tactics, consider interning this summer with American Express. Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will meet the business and leaders from all levels and have a chance to learn about the culture and values of the organisation as well as network across regions and functions.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2018 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
* Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
* Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
* Regular Speaker Series with senior management
* Social and networking events
* Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in International Growth Optimisation at American Express?
* Develop innovative, profitable, customer-centric business growth strategies across multiple global markets
* Create enhanced value for customers through business model optimization and innovation
* Develop cost-benefit analyses to determine feasibility of new opportunities
* Conduct robust external market analysis across the technology-commerce-marketing spectrum to determine best-in-class benchmarks and identify opportunities to power future growth
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
* Strong customer focus and superior project management skills
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills necessary to build strong internal and external relationships
* Strong communication and presentation skills, including to senior stakeholders
* Results-oriented team player and individual contributor
* Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
* Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to drive results
* Cultural sensitivity and ability to work across multiple markets
* Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2018 and July 2019
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application deadline – 18th November 2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2018, 11:56:56 AM
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We employ more than 50,000 people across four continents and are proud to be recognised as one of the best places to work. Our impressive scale demonstrates that you can
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1850