- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Put yourself at the forefront of our global business, working to identify, assess and manage risk. You will work with people of all levels across the firm, develop a broad understanding of products and their risks and start building your professional network.
What you can expect
Work alongside our top-tier professionals to shape the decision-making and influence models on which our financial reputation and regulatory performance depend. You'll help mitigate and manage risk while maintaining transparency with management, clients, regulators and shareholders.
The Credit Risk team works in partnership with many areas of the CIB including sales, trading and banking and is responsible for assessing, approving and managing the risk that amounts owed to the firm. This risk can relate to products and services including loans, derivatives and trading activities. The Credit Risk team manages counterparty risk by evaluating the clients financial strength of the Bank’s trading counterparties. This is based on both quantitative and qualitative analysis, in order to determine an appropriate appetite for risk to those entities, through discussions with senior management and clients.
The Analyst Program starts with an intensive seven-week New York City based training program that covers our clients, products, services and practices. The insights come from a combination of J.P. Morgan professionals, world-class professors and consultants who use interactive learning tools and hands-on modeling. Out of the classroom you’ll build knowledge through actual work, supported by your colleagues, teammates, tutors and mentors.
During training you will learn skills that include valuation analysis, accounting, corporate finance, economics, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and risk analysis. If you don’t have a background in finance or economics, we offer extensive pre-training coursework.
Once on the desk, depending on your group, your responsibilities as an Analyst may include:
- Evaluating market moves that could cause losses to the firm through a counterparty default
- Performing analysis/due diligence on a counterparty
- Leading analytical exercises in response to global events
- Monitoring risk sensitives across individual counterparties and the portfolio as a whole
- Building financial models
- Preparing reports to outline recommendations to senior management
What you need to bring
Our Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds and graduates from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Academic strength (Minimum 2:1 or equivalent)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Project management skills and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you unique: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
Additional application instructions
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day. J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from Investment Banking to Technology, Operations and Human Resources.
J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clien
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1799
25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP