You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious IT Specialist to help create and support Samsara's cloud-first IT strategy, enabling rapid company growth. A typical day may include new site planning, network bring-up/troubleshooting, managing vendors, evaluating new products, responding to internal requests for support, or developing automation to enable us to work better.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background, has spent 2-5 years in an IT administration/engineering role, and understands the day-to-day aspects of IT - creating IT strategy, managing tickets, building an “IT policies and procedures” strategy, and providing feedback and status updates to leadership.
Our technical team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on home automation, modding and racing their cars, building gaming computers, and automotive applications for wireless technologies. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position at our office in San Jose, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Provision and manage ISP circuits/connectivity for multiple sites, including new site bring-up
- Design and implement corporate network connectivity, including configuration of networking equipment (security, routing, switching, wireless)
- Configure and manage cloud-based telephone system, including call routing, IVR management, system integration with CRM, and end-user handsets/softphones.
- Perform security audits in all areas of corporate connectivity
- Manage typical office endpoints like printers, laptops, Apple TV’s, A/V equipment, security cameras, etc.
- Maintain a ticket queue and respond to requests in a helpful and timely way
- Document IT policies and procedures
- Mentor new hires as the organization grows quickly
- College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 2-5 years of experience in IT
- Strong spoken and written language skills
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.