Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Derby, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Operations Summer Analyst Internship
At any given moment, Barclays is a hive of activity and opportunity. A couple gets their first mortgage, or uses a credit card to finance a family holiday. In the same breath, a business agrees the asset financing for a new fleet of vehicles, or our team raises debt financing for a county’s new university. It’s all happening at once, every minute of the day. To maintain that real time activity around the world, across both investment and retail banking, you need smooth-running, constantly improving systems behind the scenes. Payments need to be processed. Credit card systems need to be maintained. Trades, equity transactions, debt financing – you name it – it has to be checked, double-checked, and swiftly processed. That essential work, encompassing absolutely everything we do, is down to the Operations team. Put simply, they’re the heartbeat of the bank.
Who thrives here
For the right person, the Operations team is the key to a career full of possibility, where you’ll be in touch with and highly valued by the whole bank. But who exactly are we looking for?
- You’ve got to love finely detailed data – breath it, even
- You’re tech savvy, hunting out what’s new on the market and how it can improve what you do
- You adapt to change - in fact, you push for it
- You’re a curious, creative disruptor: you’re not content with the status quo if there’s a way to do it better
- You’re not just customer-driven but customer-obsessed: you’ll want to make our processes better for the end user
- You’re happy talking to anyone - turning complex data into easily understood insights
- You’ll pour over the tiniest details, making sure nothing’s been missed.
Healthy economies need strong banks to drive economic and social progress. Barclays’ Shared Growth Ambition is simple. When our customers and clients thrive, so do we. When the communities we work in thrive, so do we. Interns and graduates here have the opportunity to contribute something vital. Something momentous.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
FactSet helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. Whether our clients are at a meeting or on the road, they use FactSet to monitor global markets, public and private companies and equity and fixed income portfolios all in one place.
Our mission is to provide our clients with everything they need to do
- Banking & Financial Services
- in Derby, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1978