You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 29 Jul, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 10.0 per hour
Duration: 8 weeks approx. 16 hours per week
Fixed term contract
Operate from 'Idea London' when required but mainly from home initially.
Client Stakeholders: Scot Rail and CISCOAbout Project:
Project SWIFT is a £1M innovate UK programme led by CISCO.
The Concept of the development programme is available here: https://gblogs.cisco.com/uki/swift-transforming-train-travel-through-connectivity/?doing_wp_cron=1501183353.4657380580902099609375
This phase of the programme is called the Open Innovation Challenge.
Which is a project for Wittos (platform provider) and 5 selected SME’s to develop a commercial offering for Scot Rai – using the Wifi in trains to attract and build viable user business models for the SME’s and ideally take this proof of concept to market.
The Programme will be outsourced to Growth Studios to manage.
We need a Community Manager that will work with Wittos and the Growth Studio team to ensure the programme with the SME’s and various stakeholders flows well.The role will include
Startup & SME Facing engagement
- Create meaningful and positive relationships with the Project SWIFT Open Innovation Challenge SMEs
- Arrange logistics to ensure SMEs stay connected remotely and during face-to-face co-location weeks
- Introduce SMEs to the broader ecosystem to stimulate potential synergy and business opportunities
- Arrange casual dinners or group lunches in an effort to form a sense of community amongst the startup cohort
Stakeholders and Partners Facing
- Assist the Open Innovation team to ensure awareness the Challenge’s partners are aware of progress and maximize their participation
- Promote interaction between SMEs and Challenge’s partners by facilitating introductions and connections
- Support Mentors with SME and Stakeholder engagements
Evangelism & Dissemination
- Prepare communications and documents for major events such as: Challenge co-location weeks, key stakeholder reporting and engagement with the Project SWIFT consortium partners (documents to be approved by the Open Innovation team)
- Work with the Project SWIFT consortium’s Marketing team and post relevant news and updates to social media to promote the progress and create visibility of the Challenge and participants across stakeholders and public channels
Event & Administrative Planning
- Customize and prepare written materials for the different events and progress reporting
- Collaborate with Mentors/network connections and plan group, one-on-one, or individual sessions; organize F&B needs and follow up with all parties
- Manage, schedule and log all calendar invites for events
- Complete additional projects as needed
- Interact with facilities and 3rd parties e.g. caterers for smooth operations during face-to-face event days
We need someone who is available to start immediately (Wednesday 9th August) and has had experience in events. Event management experience is a benefit but not a requirement.
For enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Project Swift
Project SWIFT are developing superfast WiFi for trains up and down the country to revolutionise the experience of train journeys. This uses a new type of trackside fibre technology that is currently being developed into a proof of concept by our collaborative research team: Cisco CREATE.
- Technology & IT
- London, UK
- Founded in