You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 21 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,000.0 per year
We’re looking for a natural analyst and communicator to help us investigate the most fascinating trends in the UK’s high-growth economy. You’ll be working with big name public and private sector clients to help them understand these trends. And you’ll work alongside a fun and intelligent team in a fast-paced, startup environment to deliver on high-value projects.
Beauhurst’s unique and rapidly expanding data set is the number one source for finding and understanding the UK’s most ambitious companies. In Consultancy, we get creative with this data to sell and deliver bespoke products and solutions to hugely varied clients.
If you join our team, you’ll get to work for Government clients such as Innovate UK and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. You’ll be using high-level, aggregate analysis of the high-growth ecosystem to help them answer questions like: what is the impact of innovation funding? What bottlenecks do companies face when they seek finance?
For private sector clients like EY and Penningtons Manches, you’ll look at the impact of different types of investment; or help them demonstrate thought leadership through novel research.
Your outputs will be varied too, and can be anything from a simple CSV file to a 50-page report, quoted in national press, policy papers and academic research. In short, you’ll have a genuine impact on activity in the most exciting part of the UK’s economy.
There’s huge scope for the role to develop around you depending on your strengths and interests – for instance you might choose to focus more on the client-facing/sales side of things; or on the delivery and analysis side. Either way, for starters you’ll:
- Create project proposals in response to client meetings and government tenders
- Perform analysis in Excel or Tableau
- Undertake bespoke research (desk-based, interview etc)
- Write reports based on analysis
- Suggest lines of inquiry into our data that would create new insight for our clients
As you progress, you’ll do things like:
- Meet with clients to scope out their needs, discuss project proposals and deliver or present reports
- Work with our product Development to plan and implement technical solutions (APIs etc)
Throughout all this, you’ll help shape the future of our rapidly growing company, the department and your role within it.
You’ll be great if you:
- Have excellent skills in analysis, writing and communication
- Have fantastic digital skills
- Are keen to learn about the UK high-growth economy
- Are professional and are capable of working various client types
Bonus points for:
- Good excel skills
- Experience writing analytical content
- Experience with Tableau
- Graphic design experience
Salary: £23k plus bonus and commission
As well as that, we’re delighted to offer:
- Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you contribute to
- Fantastic culture – you’ll be welcomed into a quirky, fun and intelligent team, committed to seeking and supporting personal development
- Penthouse Brixton office with rooftop terrace and incredible views
- Personal development budget for courses, conferences, training and any reading material that interests you
- Flexible hours
- Matched pension scheme
- Season ticket travel loan
- Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office, regular events and free lunches.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter telling us why you want the role and why you'd be great at it.
Please note, generic cover letters and applications without a cover letter will be automatically rejected.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Get to know the UK’s fastest-growing businesses.
Beauhurst is a searchable database of the UK's fastest-growing companies, from early-stage startups to late-stage scaleups.
We are trusted by thousands of professionals to help them discover, track and understand everything there is to know about high-growth companies.
- Technology & IT
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2010
Piano House, 9 Brighton Terrace, Brixton, London, UK