You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Marketing and Promotions Executive – Internship Position in the Travel and Leisure Industry
Paying 100% of your transportation fees (Oyster card) + Free tickets for our London attractions + Free onsite gym
We are recruiting an intern for 6 months or longer on a full or part time basis.
Smartsave is part of the Metropolis International Group Limited which is a fast-growing media group, established in 1994.
Smartsave and ‘For Less’ brands are promoted direct to consumers looking for savings and benefits at thousands of participating merchants around the globe and also through third parties looking to offer significant added value to their customers (ex:TUI).
Smartsave provides the discounts in the form of websites (www.smartsave.com), physical maps (London for Less and New York for Less) and also a range of travel Apps (www.forlessguides.com)
We are a team of 6 people, working hard on increasing our brand awareness via constantly improving our maps, our website, our mobile applications and our communication on social media. We are focusing on increasing traffic via our Blog and social network portals such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
We have reviewed our social media communication plan and we will need a bright intern to manage our blog, social media accounts and London for Less map orders. You would be reporting to the Account Manager and you would be entirely in charge of creating content, finding the week top stories and publishing them on our social media channels. You will also be in charge of visiting London Hotels and promoting the London for Less Map.
Social Media / Blog / Website
• Regular social media updates including creative writing and design work
• Utilizing WordPress to make proactive changes to merchant pages, including image and copy
updates – specifically for SEO purposes
• Assist in organising and managing regular competitions on Smartsave as well as social media
• Creating original content for the blog/website and for email marketing purposes
• PR/Outreach – researching and contacting potential partners and distributors to increase
• Researching trends and events in the UK/ US
• Researching our competitors - how we can improve
London for Less Map
• Regular contact with our existing London for Less map distributors, taking orders and filling out
the necessary documents to be sent to our distributors on a weekly basis
• Updating all databases with relevant information
• Visiting hotels in London that we are in partnership with to promote the London for Less Map as
well as collecting map orders.
• Feeding back information to team
• Assisting with the creation of London for Less, checking information before it goes to print
• Liaising with team members to understand what attractions / restaurants need promoting. Using
the information to promote these when visiting / calling / emailing hotel partners. Qualifications
• Talented writer with an excellent level of written and spoken English
• Experienced in WordPress or other content management system – desirable
• Able to work as a team as well as individually
• Confident and polite phone manner
• Confident with going out in London to speak to hotel concierges
• A proactive individual focused on learning and self-improvement
• Able to provide innovative ideas and a fresh view-point and to express these proposals to the
• Confident in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and social media networks (Twitter, Facebook,
Instagram and Pinterest)
• Good time management skills and an organised manner
• Basic knowledge of HTML and SEO are desirable but not essential
Benefits to the candidate:
• An opportunity to immerse yourself into a fast-paced office environment, within in a rapidly
growing company with a passionate and experienced team
• A unique opportunity to explore and learn about an influential sector of the market – whilst being
mentored by knowledgeable professionals who welcome the opportunity to train and develop
• An invaluable insight into an established organisation with a proven success record
• Excellent development of communication skills – liaising and working with a wide range of
professionals both within the office environment, and across a wide network of distributors
• Achieving a working knowledge of new database systems and enhancing skills with Microsoft
• Measurable objectives and quantifiable achievements with a very real sense of purpose –qualities
that potential employers value very highly and which facilitate a rapid and interesting learning
To apply: Send your CV.
Please specify the approximate start date. Please also specify if you are looking for part time or full time.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Smartsave is an online marketing platform that provides over 2 million annual visitors 20% discount vouchers to popular attractions and restaurants across the UK, USA & Europe. The discounts are offered through a variety of distribution channels including maps (London for Less and New York for Less) websites ,mobile apps and d
- Advertising, Marketing & PR, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- Brentford, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2009