You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 21 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 25,000.0 per year
Go-Ahead’s two-year graduate engineering programme develops people to become a key part of the engineering management function, and is IMechE accredited, suited to graduates aspiring to gain Incorporated or Chartered status. Our engineering graduates are fast-tracked through an introduction to maintenance workshops and practices, exposed to vehicle design and production, and gain knowledge of emerging technologies. This is all alongside developing the key competencies that should be expected of any great graduate scheme: finances, HR, health and safety, and communication.
Our engineering graduates can expect to be exposed to:
- Workshop environments – think vehicle inspections, identifying defects, accident repairs etc
- MOT preparation and testing
- Responsibilities around Quality and Technical Engineering requirements
- Fleet maintenance
- Document and operational management
What Go-Ahead can offer you:
- A full induction to the group and hosting operating company
- Membership to the Young Bus Managers’ Network
- Real responsibility – you’ll be managing teams, dealing with operational challenges and making significant decisions
- Full support from mentors and specialists to develop your operations management and leadership skills
- Opportunities to develop and excel – we spend £22million per year on training, so make the most of what is on offer
- Career progression – a senior manager role within five years
- Free travel on many of Go-Ahead’s services
Starting: September 2019.
What we are looking for
Go-Ahead are looking for Engineers with a hands-on, practical approach to complement their degree-level education. Applicants should have:
An interest in tinkering with engines and understanding how they work. If you’re the kind of person who likes to take things apart, see how they run and put them back together again, this role will suit you nicely.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- The unrestricted right to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- A positive attitude and the ability to inspire confidence in and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - clear, concise and engaging
- A customer focus, keen to deliver for Go-Ahead’s vast network of bus and rail users
- The ability to work with team members at all levels and deal with members of the public
- Forward-thinking, innovative ideas to drive the business forward
- Resilience and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Skills in problem-solving, analysis and dealing with complex data
- Time management, methodical thinking, and an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A collaborative approach – keen to share knowledge and skills
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Determination to succeed and develop yourself personally and professionally
Minimum of a 2:2 in mechanical or electrical / electronic engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
Apply online by submitting your CV and answering two open-ended questions. We process applications on a rolling basis so the closing date may be brought forward. Candidates can expect to undertake a video interview and an assessment centre as part of the recruitment process. Please apply as soon as you can.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 06/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 06/01/2019
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About The Go-Ahead Group plc
- Logistics & Transport
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1987
4 Matthew Parker St, Westminster, London, UK