You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 03 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
SGCIB's DCM Strategy is focused on optimising the franchise from a profitability and visibility perspective. From a product perimeter standpoint, the DCM role encompasses a broader universe including, but not limited to:
1. Debt Capital Markets:- Bonds (USD, EUR, GBP, CNH, RUB), USPP, Private Placements, Project Bonds
2. Interest & FX Derivatives (IFD): Hedging including MRA.
3. Capital Markets Engineering (FEG):- Liability Management, Hybrid Capital, Green Bonds
4. Acquisition Finance (SAF)
In addition to the above, close co-operation is expected with other business lines within Capital Markets (CMK) and key stakeholders in the bank (e.g. CORI, ECM, M&A) in order to offer clients the most comprehensive suite of Capital Market services.
Role must be performed in accordance with the compliance rules inherent to the business. It has to be done in compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory rules.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• As a debt capital markets analyst you will work directly with the Directors and their originating teams covering SG's Northern European corporate client base
• The Intern will be required to ensure that each originator is fully supported and provided with the necessary information they need in order to advise their clients
• The Intern will thus need to provide support on the analytical side, presentations and marketing as well as be extremely organised. Within the London team originators focus on corporate clients and financial institutions from the following regions: the UK and Ireland, the Netherlands and the Nordic countries and Greece
Summary of responsibilities• Support DCM originators and other junior members of the team in developing client presentations, proposals and updates
• Assist in the execution of DCM mandates, co-ordinating internal and external resources and contacts
• Conduct analysis on new issues and credit analysis on target clients
• Prepare frequent written market updates and client marketing documents
• Work with other business lines, the coverage unit and investment banking to create internal and external marketing presentations
• Develop internal network to enhance coordination and the sharing of ideas between SG product teams
• Assist in ensuring deal compliance is met, preparation of insider lists, KYC, deal logging
• Ensure that deal files and all aspects of transaction management are completed for new deals
• Monitor trading levels of key clients and highlight any notable movements to other members of the team
• Ability to summarise and communicate relevant research articles
• Requires advanced level knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Strong PowerPoint skills.
Ability to build Excel models autonomously.
Understanding of bond pricing models and methodology.
Ability to work with Bloomberg and information feeds.
Ability to work under time pressure on multiple projects.
Commercial and advisory skills.
Capacity to work in close co-operation with other business lines.
Understanding and insight into the clients' needs and requirements.
Good attention to detail.
Ability to learn quickly.
Strong financial background and knowledge of the international bond market
Product expertise in debt capital markets and investment banking beneficial
Undergraduate degree with minimum 2:1 (or equivalent)
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Societe Generale
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1864
1-10 Bishops Square, London E1 6EG, UK