You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 02 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 35,000.0 per year
Who we are:
Our mission is to accelerate incredible careers and develop a diverse group of future leaders. Sounds like an ambitious goal, and you would be right!
We’re currently looking for an incredible Accounting coach to create and deliver exceptional accounting training for our apprentices as they progress through their AAT qualifications, and you’ll be in the thick of the action.
You’ll be helping us achieve our bigger target by building a business which can match non-graduate talent with apprenticeship opportunities at some of the UK's most exciting companies like Just Eat, Treatwell and Google. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships that genuinely rival the learning experience at elite universities.
So not only will you be working on some incredibly challenging problems, but also giving those most in need of opportunities a great launchpad to succeed.
A day in the life:
A day in the life of a coach can vary from day to day, but examples of a day in the life could look something:
9am - Arrive and prep for your first session. Perhaps grab a coffee with one of your apprentices who needs some professional coaching.
9.30am - Your first accounting cohort arrives. They are learning a challenging new accounting concept today and you need to bring real-world examples to to the table to help them get to grips quickly with the content. You'll be delivering a stimulating applied learning session, developing SMART targets with the apprentices and exchanging rich, constructive feedback.
12pm - Find a place to pop down and knock out some admin! This might be catching up with other apprentices, line managers or your colleagues. Likewise, it gives you a chance to catch up on your emails or marking, grab lunch and travel to your next session.
1pm - Continue with your accounting training session.
4pm - Catch up on emails and mark some coursework
5pm - Some of your apprentices have an exam tomorrow and you want to call and wish them good luck!
* Some days vary in that you may spend the morning or afternoon in the WhiteHat HQ (in the Marylebone WeWork!), observing other coaches for best practice tips, holding catch ups with your apprentices, running a Flying Start (induction for new apprentices) or planning for your programme!
We are looking for an outstanding accounting instructor to deliver the AAT Levels 3 and 4, and ultimately ACCA/CIMA in a classroom based environment and the work place, delivering to groups and individuals.
- You’re passionate about creating the best learning journeys and experiences: You can plan, deliver and evaluate quality learning and development programmes.
- You're excited by the potential to develop the next generation of accountants: You make learning informative, engaging and fun.
- You are a player-coach: You can provide guidance, support and encouragement harnessing your experience to support young people to kick start their careers.
- You deliver direct feedback with kindness: You can provide assessment and feedback on progress in a way that supports continued learning and development. You’re goal orientated and ensure that your apprentices meet theirs too!
- You are highly organised: You have a track record of organising and maintaining documentation.
- You are a positive person: You think creatively and overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet apprentices’ and employers’ needs.
- You think big: You can work with employers to identify development opportunities within their organisation.
- You hold an AAT Level 4 qualification as a minimum
- You have industry experience that you are looking to share with apprentices
- You hold a recognised Teaching qualification and have experience of mapping learning content into delivery modules to deliver a blended learning experience
- You are a Chartered Financial Accountant, or hold a CIMA or ACCA
- You have experience of delivering AAT and ACCA/CIMA training
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We’re WhiteHat, a tech startup democratising access to the best careers. We match non-graduate talent with apprenticeship opportunities at some of the UK's most exciting companies. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships tha
- Recruitment & HR, Technology & IT, Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2016
119 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London, UK