You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Bedford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Herts Urgent Care (HUC) is seeking high quality, ambitious Prescribing Pharmacists to support the new Integrated Urgent Care Service. This position is part of the Clinical Advisory Service, based at Bedford Gilbert Hitchcock House.
The IUC operates across the entire county of Luton & Bedfordshire, bringing together the NHS 111 and OOH’s components into a single seamless high quality service.
As a highly successful not-for-profit Social Enterprise with a good CQC report and good rates of clinical staff retention, HUC offers a supportive, enjoyable, team-based culture.
- Competitive salary plus enhancements at weekends
- Professional indemnity cover provided
- NHS pensionand Staff reward scheme
Evening hours available:
- Monday to Thursdays, 18:30 - 23:00 (available alternative weeks, 2 per 4 weeks)
- Fridays - 18:30 - 23:00
Mornings hours available:
- Saturdays 09:00 - 13:00
Afternoon hours available:
- Sundays 13:00 - 17:00 available 1 per 4 weeks
In this role you will:
- Review requests for repeat prescriptions and provide a designated service to support this
- Provide secondary telephone consultation to patients requiring clinical advice
- Offer advice, health education and onward referral as appropriate
We are looking for:
- An up to date pharmacy registration
- Independent prescribing qualification
- Experience of working within community or hospital services providing expert medicinal management and pharmo-kinetic advice to complex and varied patient groups
- A patient-focussed and ‘can-do’ approach
- Excellent IT skills ideally with experience of using and documenting within Adastra
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with calm, confident and supportive telephone manner
- Ability to document appropriately and offer comprehensive safety netting to our patients
- Be able to work as part of a team of health care providers in a busy environment
Our ValuesQuality Services, Efficiency, Patient Care, Respect
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive you will only be contacted if your application for this post has been successful.
Job Type:PermanentPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Additional Professional Scientific & TechnicalSpecialty/Function:111/Out of Hours service
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Bedford, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948