You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Towcester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 28 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
About Abaco Systems
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We’re growing fast: we’ve added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We’re also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that’s making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Role and Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small generalist HR team, supporting the HR Manager and HR Advisor on daily administrative and project-based tasks. This 12-month HR internship is based at our Towcester site in Northamptonshire, supporting employees based in 10 countries worldwide. This role offers generalist exposure and hands on experience to a wide range of responsibilities and will be an excellent springboard for your future career in Human Resources. This role would be ideal for someone looking for a placement year as part of their sandwich degree.
- Developing and understanding policies and procedures.
- Ensuring accurate and up to date record keeping of all employee personal data, electronically and psychically, in line with GDPR.
- Assisting with administration of benefits and liaising with our 3rd party benefits provider.
- Responding to and preparing reference requests.
- Assisting with transition of HRIS globally.
- Supporting the recruitment process.
- Providing support to the HR team on various projects as required.
- Drafting employment contracts and other standard HR correspondence.
- Developing an on-boarding process for all new starters.
- Ensure pre-employment criminal record checks are complete.
- Assisting with absence and absence reporting.
- Administrative tasks and supporting the HR team with day-to-day requirements.
- You should be studying towards a relevant HR or business-related degree, with a passion for Human Resources
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to work both alone and in a team, using your own initiative.
- Maintain an enthusiastic, organised and positive attitude to work, with a polite, respectful and professional demeanor at all times.
- Ensure business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies & ethics code of conduct
- Must be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We’re a team with a common goal – and we’re passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We’re not just given responsibility – we’re actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Abaco Systems
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture computing and electronic systems for aerospace, defence and industrial applications. Spun out of General Electric in 2015, we deliver and support open modular solutions developed to upgrade and enhance the growing data, analytics, communications and sensor processing capabilities of our ta
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Towcester, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 2015
Old Tiffield Road, Towcester NN12 6FP, United Kingdom