You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Part-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 10.49 per hour
THE WORK OF HEADWAY EAST LONDON
Headway East London (“Headway”) is a charity supporting people affected by brain injury. With clients from across 13 London boroughs we offer specialist support and services to around 250 survivors each week, as well as support and advice to their family, friends and carers.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORK
As a Support Worker, you will work collaboratively with survivors in their own homes and the local community to:
- Support them as they seek to come to terms with their injury
- Help them to re-integrate into family and community life, including returning to study or work
- Maximise the opportunities and choices available to them
- Manage complex activities at home like managing finances, budgeting and paperwork
- Develop and maintain a daily and weekly structure which promotes well-being (including monitoring health, meal planning and engaging in exercise).
- Support clients with acquired brain injuries to maximise or maintain their autonomy and independence in their home environment and their community
- Assist clients to plan and organise their daily activities including accompanying them to appointments with health and statutory care providers.
- Support clients to access the community: including educational, social, leisure, physical and vocational activities.
- Support clients to develop and maintain a daily and weekly structure which promotes their wellbeing (this may include helping them to monitor their health, helping them with budgeting, meal planning, engaging in exercise, and participation in activities in the community)
- Support clients in maximising their income through benefit entitlement and budgeting.
For more information and to apply for this post, visit our website where you can download the full job description & person specification and complete our application form or press the apply button below.
Please note: CVs cannot be accepted for this role.
Deadline for applications is 9.00am on Monday 19th November 2018.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Headway East London
Headway East London is a charity supporting people affected by brain injury. Working across 13 London boroughs we offer specialist support and services for survivors and their family.
We offer therapies, advocacy, family support and community support work alongside our day service: a community venue where people can make the most
- Health & Social Care, Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 1997
238 Kingsland Rd, London, UK